The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
That is good question and the flat yellow paintjob would be easier to redo than the psychedelic paint on most of the others in that GT era. It should also have Panaracer tyres for that time too.

Here is the real fixer upperer. It needs saving. If I was in Newcastle, I'd be all over it. Bravado's were high enough up the GT food chain.
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/waratah-west/men-s-bicycles/gt-bravado-21sp-mountain-bike/1204104004
if its still avail, I can pick up, pack and send it for you
but you do the wheeling and dealing!..pm if keen still

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
if its still avail, I can pick up, pack and send it for you
but you do the wheeling and dealing!..pm if keen still
Thanks for the very kind offer. I have to let it go just based on a little room left in the shed of bikedom. I have 2 x GT HTs parked in there now plus the others they bunk with :)

I would leap at a tequila sunrise Karakoram with matching stem and forks. Now, that is vintage GT in full retro pr0n mode. I'd shoehorn ones of those into the shed.

I think the Bravado is still on Gumtree thiughm

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I have one of these hanging in the garage, was my first decent dually. Mines a 2001 but same thing. It's a far cry from the later models, 100mm travel and near feather weight. I'd rebuild mine, but I'm not sure I'm willing to take such a hit to the rose tinted memory I have of the thing. I'd be almost certain it doesn't ride as good as I remember it...

Not sure this seller knows what he has though, doesn't seem to be trying to capture the nostalgia market.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I'd rebuild mine, but I'm not sure I'm willing to take such a hit to the rose tinted memory I have of the thing. I'd be almost certain it doesn't ride as good as I remember it...
Yeah, I have not bothered in 4 years to get back on one of my old bikes as I know it's just gonna disappoint.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I will put it in the For sale section officially at a nominal price but is anyone interested in my old 2003 Specialized Enduro frame in large ? Red fading + Good condition for 15 yrs old .
Believe it or not I have been riding this hotrodded ie bigger forks wheels handlebars at Bright Falls Buller etc.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I will put it in the For sale section officially at a nominal price but is anyone interested in my old 2003 Specialized Enduro frame in large ? Red fading + Good condition for 15 yrs old .
Believe it or not I have been riding this hotrodded ie bigger forks wheels handlebars at Bright Falls Buller etc.
My old man has the same era Stumpy, ridden about 5 times to the shops, once on dirt.