The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I can't believe how awesome I thought these were or how odd it looks now.
Damn, I still like them but it looks more like a regular bike than some strange URT thing. Never had a go of one but love to give one a go. If it was all ball burnished then it would look the goods.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hate URTs as a concept, but I' love an original y33 with Judy SLs. I'd be afraid it would break if ridden, but I still want one. The vintage bike paradox.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I hate URTs as a concept, but I' love an original y33 with Judy SLs. I'd be afraid it would break if ridden, but I still want one. The vintage bike paradox.
I hear you. The Y33 were nice and probably one of their best work. They look good if anything.

The little kid in the house behind me has an old Trek Y bike and would have no idea what it is. I respect this 12 year old because he somehow got this instead of a department store Big Box bike.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve got a Y-11 in the shed. It’s not original anymore, it’s now disc and single speed. Light duties only now.
From back in the day:

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I’ve got a Y-11 in the shed. It’s not original anymore, it’s now disc and single speed. Light duties only now.
Love it, but those horse shit attracting bidon placement is a downside. Last thing you want is to have a quick swig of water with Equine turd flicked over the top of the water bottle.

gness

Likes Bikes
Had this frame hanging around and was about to sell it but figured I probably had enough parts in the shed to build it up. Next step is to find a suitable child seat to cart my daughter around - any recommendations?

Reactions: PJO

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Had this frame hanging around and was about to sell it but figured I probably had enough parts in the shed to build it up. Next step is to find a suitable child seat to cart my daughter around - any recommendations?

Is that a quill stem?

Maybe incompatible but I really rate my mac ride.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

John U

MTB Precision
Damn, I still like them but it looks more like a regular bike than some strange URT thing. Never had a go of one but love to give one a go. If it was all ball burnished then it would look the goods.
It’s not urt. Tiny little linkage behind the bb. Pivot down by the back axle.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It’s not urt. Tiny little linkage behind the bb. Pivot down by the back axle.
Oh yeah, I know the RTS isn't a URT. From what I've read it is one of the earlier designs that worked but I have never slung a leg over one.

Its cousin the LTS sure was plush for its time.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
She's only small about 9kg, and probably looking at front seats. The yepp mini looks pretty good
I have a Thule mini ride along, it's easy to take on and off. Getting the kid in and out is harder than a rear seat, but they see everything and love it. You might find your bar needs to come back/up as the seat and kids helmet is in your chest. People complain of knees being outwards but I was expecting it, I found it okay for cruising distances even with clipless. It's rated to 15kg but size is more an issue, smaller the kid the better. Also make sure you've got space on the steerer, I can't remember off hand what you need, maybe ~30-35mm.