The Walking Dead

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
The show is ok, the acting does suck at times.

BUT - The comics are the greatest things on earth. Waaaaaaaaaaaay more brutal and confronting than the show. If you haven't read them, do yourself a favour and get into them. You can get them on your smart phone or tablet for $3 each. They are up to ep 103 at the moment.
I've been reading the comics, up to chapter 6 now (reading the first compendium) and I gotta say I like both, but the show really deserves more credit than it recieves. A lot of the conflict and tension from the comics wouldn't have transferred across all that well. They've really streamlined and repaced a lot of it to make it fit in better with the whole "You get 13 episodes now, then 13 more in 9 months." There has been some really cool stuff in the comics that the show has missed to be fair. But (and I'll cop flack for this no doubt) I think the governer is a far more intriguing character in the show than in the comics.

Reading the comics has made me more impressed with both sides of the narative. Barely been able to put the book down all weekend.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So apparently the next episode is set to be released on the 10th of Feb, anyone else eagerly awaiting the next installment? I'm keen as fuck to see what happens to Darryl and Merle. I'll probably stop watching if Darryl dies, he's the only character IMO with any substance and he's the only decent actor in the show.
A potential hightlight of the show for me would be seeing Andrea get eaten alive, that would be wicked because I can't bloody stand her.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Bought a telly yesterday in preparation (foxtel is feb 12th), I was downloading it from the net but the quality was average and the stress of the federal police raiding my house was nerve wrecking.

I can't see them off'ing Merle - he is to interesting and there is a lot to be explored between the two brothers, at least not in the short run. The official forums have more than a few threats of mass fan abandonment if Darryl dies, but who knows.

Andrea... hope she doesn't make it either.

Ordered the comics off the book depository, everyone gives them a good wrap, even non comic readers.

indica

Serial flasher
the stress of the federal police raiding my house was nerve wrecking.
Hopefully you are t aking the piss there....

Very much looking forward to it. I have been smashing drunk people - the closest I can find to zombies where I live - for the last few months to maintain the vibe.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
A potential hightlight of the show for me would be seeing Andrea get eaten alive, that would be wicked because I can't bloody stand her.
If it happens, I hope she is naked and the scene takes ages. ;)
I hate this mid season break idea but I guess it softens the blow between seasons.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
If it happens, I hope she is naked and the scene takes ages. ;)
I hate this mid season break idea but I guess it softens the blow between seasons.
Hahaha! She does have a nice rig! She's been put away a few times now too.....at least she is making the most of the zombie apocolypse!

Shredden

Knows his goats
Only recently got 3TB of internet (up from 20gb lol), been watching Breaking Bad and West Wing, both damn awesome. Keen as to watch Walking Dead. Whats the best way to watch? Project free TV? Torrent?

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
www.eztv.it

That's probably the best one for tv shows. Shows are released episode by episode and they're usually up within an hour of being aired in the states. Absolutely no viruses whatsoever and the downloads are fast.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Finally managed to get finish off season 3 (first half) and it's been an absolute beauty! I now think the best thing AMC have done was getting rid of Frank Darabont as the show seems to have improved massively since he got booted at the end of season 2.

A couple of points:

Are black guys now the Walking Dead's equivalent of Spinal Tap's drummers (never any lines, get killed off frequently)? That would be funny but the latest one is 'Cutty' from the Wire and he's pretty cool!

What the hells the deal with Daryl and Carol. Are they going to bone or do they have some sort of mother/son bonding thing going on. The mother/son thing would make a little bit of sense as she's lost her child and his mum was a pisshead who set fire to herself forcing him to be raised by Merle. The only problem is that they are both the same age!

As for the Merle/ Daryl finale. I reckon Merle will bite the dust for contractual reasons. He was a brilliant character from the very first episode but for reasons unknown they didn't keep him in the show full-time. Maybe this time round he'll get a full time role but the way the storyline seems to be heading -he's f***ed as far as the governor goes and Rick already has his full quota of badass rednecks in his group- I reckon he'll be for the chop.

Fark, It's going to be a mad next few months as far as telly goes. Justified has just started season 4, Walking Dead next month, Game of Thrones in March and the final episodes of Breaking Bad after that!

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Just watched episode 1 and 2 last night.

FFS, they are all f*cking idiots. Honestly.
I was screaming at my television the whole way through at the idiocy of these characters.
I am assuming that as we get more characters introduced it will just create idiocy en masse.

I am a massive zombie movie fan. And as much as I love watching this show due to the suspense, cinematography and awesome makeup, I feel like throwing a brick at the tele every time one of the characters acts like a f*cking stupid ignoramus.

eg: Stuck in a department store, glass windows.
Zombies have broken through one of the two glass sets of doors.
Oh I know, let's stand in front of them for five minutes and have a chat. In plain view of the zombies, as they are clearly getting more amped up and hungry. Maybe we should sit down and have a f*cking picnic. "SMASH" OH NO! The zombies wre coming in! What a surprise.

I swear, if I were in that situation, I would put a bullet in each one of the characters, throw them off the roof and then GTFO. So frustrating!

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Breaking bad & justified only because DEADWOOD FRIGGIN FINISHED... assholes

Game of thrones, cannot wait.... Is this walking dead show like that new Revoloution show, is it very emo ?

Broken Bones knows the goods.

Last edited:

rhyno

Likes Dirt
A slight deviation from topic:

Not sure if many caught the 2 part Derryn Brown "Apocalypse" series on SBS, but the gist of it was that they convinced a guy that a virus had come to earth piggybacking on meteor. It was to teach the guy a lesson about being less of a douche bag and to appreciate life more, but it got me thinking...

I was considering what would happen if we had an outbreak of a virus of some sort, but didn't turn people into mindless or agressive zombies intent on eating flesh. If the virus was terminal but over a long time (weeks/months) and highly contagious, but the people who caught it could still walk/think, would people start killing them like they see in the movies even though they aren't actually a danger as long as you keep away from them?
My theory is that people will start mowing them down because that is what the movies tell them to do and there isn't really a historical lesson to go on...
I only thought of it because I was expecting the lead guy in the "Apocalypse" show to start killing the infected actors....

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
A slight deviation from topic:

Not sure if many caught the 2 part Derryn Brown "Apocalypse" series on SBS, but the gist of it was that they convinced a guy that a virus had come to earth piggybacking on meteor. It was to teach the guy a lesson about being less of a douche bag and to appreciate life more, but it got me thinking...

I was considering what would happen if we had an outbreak of a virus of some sort, but didn't turn people into mindless or agressive zombies intent on eating flesh. If the virus was terminal but over a long time (weeks/months) and highly contagious, but the people who caught it could still walk/think, would people start killing them like they see in the movies even though they aren't actually a danger as long as you keep away from them?
My theory is that people will start mowing them down because that is what the movies tell them to do and there isn't really a historical lesson to go on...
I only thought of it because I was expecting the lead guy in the "Apocalypse" show to start killing the infected actors....
Make a zombie plan.
I have one.

Every time I move house I make a zombie plan.

Current zombie plan is to grab the family, grab the axe, the bow, sleeping bags, jerry can of water, the family, stick em in the car at 3am, go to Sorell and smash the glass of the shooting supplies store, tie a chain from the tow bar of our Nissan Patrol to the pissy little grill they have in the window pull it out, grab a 223 centrefire a 22 rimfire rifle and a 12 guage double barrel shotgun and fill my space tribe bag to the rim with ammo.
Go to Taroona and hijack a boat I know is full of fuel and I know where the keys are (Sorry old highschool friend, I may have to kill you if the keys aren't where they used to be and you won't give them to me), get on the boat and head to bruny island and bunker down at a safe house I know of.
Kill anyone that comes within 50 metres of the front door.

Population of bruny is about 100 people so if I really needed to I could reduce the populous quoute easily.
Plenty of food wallaby, roo, possum, rabbit (that's what the 22 is for), plenty of fish (enough fishing gear at any house on bruny to be ample), and lots of peoples gardens growing veggies down there and farms to make my own gardens from their stocks.
Loads of fresh water, and it's only 15 minutes by boat back to Tassie incase I need any more supplies.
We'd live like kings.