The "will someone please kill me" thread

Joy

Likes Dirt
Do you think it's better to hit the books till late on the night of an exam and have a maybe not-so-fresh brain full of knowledge, or go to bed early and have an alert brain that might be missing all sorts of key information?

Exam on Wednesday morning at 830 that I need to cram for haha.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's a tough call. Depends how your body copes really. Some people can stay up all night and still be alert in the morning and some need the sleep. I personally prefer a good night sleep.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
i much prefer the last minute power cram.

but i do generally have a read up maybe the week before the exam.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Well, I have two exams on Monday (one worth 65% the other 40%) for Administrative Law and Australian History respectively, for which I'm just a little bit worried, as I also have to be studying for a European History exam (40%) the following day. To be honest, the history ones won't be too bad as they've given a pretty good outline of what the exams are about (and I'm pretty exceptional at writing waffly historical BS), but the law one is a bit of a nightmare. Couple that with the fact that between now and then I only have 2 days off work and the stress is mounting!

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you think it's better to hit the books till late on the night of an exam and have a maybe not-so-fresh brain full of knowledge, or go to bed early and have an alert brain that might be missing all sorts of key information?

Most of the time I'll tell myself the first, then end up only needing 15% of that information.

norco01

Likes Dirt
Economics exam in 4 hrs.

Can anyone tell me what the reserve bank of australia does in detail? Cause I have next to Nooooo idea!

Hello Fail.

karl_eller

Likes Bikes
It's gotten to the point where I've come to accept that I'm going to fail one of my courses (Fluid Mechanics), and any attempts to try and pass it (which will most likely fail anyway) will take needed time away from other courses which I still have a chance of passing (Maths, theory of structures).

In other news, I hate studying for maths :p That can probably be expanded to: I hate studying in general.

Eller

|Matt|

Banned
Economics exam in 4 hrs.

Can anyone tell me what the reserve bank of australia does in detail? Cause I have next to Nooooo idea!

Hello Fail.
The Reserve bank meets quarterly (4 times a year) to discuss the health of the countries economy, and then determine the 'cash rate' which will influence banks to increase or decrease their interest rates accordingly. This is done in an attempt to fight or encourage inflation. Higher interest rates will discourage inflation due to the public having less money to spend on consumer items. Lower interest rates will encourage spending as people will have more money to spend on luxuries like televisions and other unnecessary items.

The RBA does NOT directly decide the interest rate, but does indirectly influence it.

Hope I helped, enjoy your exam :p.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
First exam tomorrow, and I'm bored. Seems like this subject is a bit of a copout too. Few weeks to go before the important exams (Contracts and Constitutional Law)- both of which I'm beginning to stress over.

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
3 hours of Maths B exam tommorow, time to get the book out and hope I remember stuff. I got a D on the practice test so hopefully I can only get better :rolleyes:

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Autobarn, Repco, Supercheap Auto, Pirtek.

None of them had flexible 1/2" power steering hose or 3.25" intercooler piping. Not a common intercooler piping size, I'll give you that - but 1/2" power steering hose ffs! So much time on the road/phone for nothing, shoot me now.

top_oz_bloke

Likes Dirt

I always found last minute cramming to be pretty much pointless. It also tended to promote skimming over things so I would try and learn isolated formulas and bits and pieces of facts rather than actually understanding the underlying theory. Next day I would end up bleary eyed with random facts and formulas buzzing around in my head.

Much better to put in consistent effort over the duration of the course so you build a solid understanding of the subject, use the night before for a little bit of polishing, get a good nights rest then walk into the exam nice and relaxed. Easy to say, tougher to do.

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Need to write an essay tonight and tomorrow morning. 1000-1200 words, so it's not massive, but it needs a heap of references and I have no desire or motivation to write it. Last thing I have to do this semester as well, finished all my exams and tests.

addmin

Likes Dirt
just finished my english advanced essay (othello...)...

now only 3 more assignments due in the next two weeks :(

dcrofty

Eats Squid
I was the master of buying a 2L bottle of Coke at about 8:30 at night and studying right through to 8:30 the next morning, going to the exam at 9 and regurgitating it all, going to the Unibar for a mental (and sometimes stomach) purge and then crashing in bed the next night before doing it all again until exams were over.

Worked perfectly for me and I have the 4 Fails, a Pass conceeded and a Pass terminating and 3 or 4 marks below 55 to prove it. Got the bit of paper in the end though.

Only way to really know it is to try it. Otherwise past papers are a goldmine. Get your hands on them somehow (if there is a residential college on campus become friends with them because they will have the old exam papers) and just do as many of them as you can and you will be fine.

Me, I've got my Advanced Firefighter exam on Thursday night and can only find 1 of the 7 workbooks that I was given to study. Might be heading to the station on wednesday night to score the rest and set up a bit of last minute cramming myself.

kitson21

Likes Bikes
3 Exams (Wednesday(English), Thursday(Japanese), Friday(Maths))

Then next week a 30 minute speech. I have to reflect on what I have learnt so far on in the year and tell my class about that, and with my old man there.

Then in the same week a 1000 word document on a statement on how I am going on my main school project.

Then the week after that (2 weeks time) holidays:)
A hole lot of sleep to catch up on.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
10mb Drilling/Cementing/Completions programme. $10 billion at stake. I need to go to the toilet.......................nah not that critical:).

But the motivational video left me and a lot of others kind of on edge. I sold a spare pouch of tobacco for $70.00 via auction. I am a profiteering little rodent. Karma will bite me I know.

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
10mb Drilling/Cementing/Completions programme. $10 billion at stake. I need to go to the toilet.......................nah not that critical:).

But the motivational video left me and a lot of others kind of on edge. I sold a spare pouch of tobacco for $70.00 via auction. I am a profiteering little rodent. Karma will bite me I know.
So you're out in the sticks working on an expensive and fiddly mining project?

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sort of. Out in the deep blue sea off WA. Can't say much, signed a confidentially clause;) If I spill the beans, I will have to flee the country and live in exile in Cuba with Fidel. A project that is named after one of Mickey Mouses mates.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last exam in a couple of hours. I know what the essay question is going to be but I can't find the right information. Freaking sucks. Will all be over soon though..