The "will someone please kill me" thread

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm more of an Aston man myself...

And come on, seeing a senior aged citizen in brand new Spider (with his matching Ferrari cap) is just as bad as those flat brim idiots turning a perfectly fine commercial vehicle into to something that handles like a shopping trolley.
Aah true, i'm more of an Aston man myself too ...

Yes, but they'll still be driving Ferrari's! :p If i'm that age and own one, i don't give a fuck what i look like to be honest! :D

MasterOfReality

After forever
This is true, but wouldn't you rather have access to a higher wage in younger age bracket than earning potentially 3 fold at middle age?

You're only going to end up spending you money on a Ferrari and those god awful matching baseball caps so your hair doesn't fall out when you exceed 150kmh...
All depends on what you choose to do at uni.

I made a choice to ensure that I raked in as much as I could, with as much job interest and satisfaction as possible.

Heaps of mates are tradies, and to be honest, the money they where on they finished their apprenticeships at 21 was less than what I was on when I graduated at 21.

All depends on the industry you get into.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
All depends on what you choose to do at uni.

I made a choice to ensure that I raked in as much as I could, with as much job interest and satisfaction as possible.

Heaps of mates are tradies, and to be honest, the money they where on they finished their apprenticeships at 21 was less than what I was on when I graduated at 21.

All depends on the industry you get into.
True but in contary to this I know mates that are higher wages as a tradie than what entry level wage of a graduate engineer would be on.

I think it's got more to do with where you choose to go within the industry rather than which one. Not every tradie will stay on $30.00 an hour...

But not that any of this will remotely affect me. Already nearly 20 in the red. Go me!

MasterOfReality

After forever
True but in contary to this I know mates that are higher wages as a tradie than what entry level wage of a graduate engineer would be on.

I think it's got more to do with where you choose to go within the industry rather than which one. Not every tradie will stay on $30.00 an hour...t not that any of this will remotely affect me. Already nearly 20 in the red. Go me!
My sis is a grad mining engineer and is on over 100k base salary.

I'm a mining and geotech engineer with 8 years experience, and even though I didn't start on that, it only took me a couple of years to eclipse that.

Depends on the industry - not all engineers are paid good money, just like tradies.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Starting to write an essay on whether or not Gordon Nuttall was right in suggesting that reverse onus of proof provisions in criminal law proceedings are "draconian." It's due Friday. I'm pretty sure this is the earliest I've ever started writing an essay.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Ten days later, and I have 3000-3500 words due tomorrow on the influence of Hunter S Thompson on the 1960s in America. Really interesting topic, but hard to avoid getting sucked into just watching interview snippets on YouTube.

a_hargy

Likes Dirt
3000 words on the relationship between project management and other forms of management... any volunteers? I may actually get something done on time for once though as its not due until Friday.

paulmc213

Likes Bikes
Thesis/dissertation due in 24 days, over 12,000 words and a third of the way in.

Say hello to my little friend red bull and coffee.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
god damed freakn pyrogens.... FWARKKKKK!!!

Having to ultrafilter all solutions to remove Pyrogens.... FWARKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! After scrubbing the freakn system in hydroxide.... FWARKKKKKK..... another 15 Litre of cell culture to process.... at 1mL/min...

wahh wahh blerggg nnnnnnn...n.nn.nn.nnnn FWARRRRRK IT....

Pyrogens piss spanky right off....

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I hate referencing. I wish I were the omniscient master of scholarship, so I needed only to write (Me, 2009).
Do you have to reference in-text or footnotes? I love footnoting - I have developed this great bastardised mix between Chicago and Australian Legal footnoting that I now just use for everything (Law and History). I always lose easy marks on the referencing criteria but as far as I'm concerned, the extra few marks aren't worth the hassle :p

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Do you have to reference in-text or footnotes? I love footnoting - I have developed this great bastardised mix between Chicago and Australian Legal footnoting that I now just use for everything (Law and History). I always lose easy marks on the referencing criteria but as far as I'm concerned, the extra few marks aren't worth the hassle :p
In text, Harvard style. I'm pretty terrible at it, but none of it's getting published, and I always do it well enough to avoid any plagiarism accusations.

Joy

Likes Dirt
Just got home from a gig. It's 1:15am

MASSIVE career plan assignment due tomorrow and I have work at 2pm then a gig at the Gold Coast straight after, which means it has to be done by 2pm. Waking up at 6am to bust it out. FML

Waldo

Squid
13 hours to go until my thesis submission.

Just cracked 26 000 words, on the emissions trading scheme. Boring!

Approximately 5 pages left to write up in the conclusions section and she's pretty much done. Everythings already been proof read (except the conclusion section obviously) so I'm pretty stoked,

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
2500 words on communication and project teams and a reflective journal, 1000 words down, due 4pm tomrrow. Time is 11:35pm, due at 4pm tomorrow. 2 cans of Mother by my side (not a fan of coffee late at night by myself) and...GO!

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
exam tommorow.

went to 3 out of 11 lectures this semester. watched all the ilectures over the weekend.

pretty confident on the general stuff (worth 30%). but the in depth calculations for wokring out, heating, and cooling loads (worth the rest) im a bit vague on.
averaging a HD for the unit any way, so only need to get 40percent to pass the subject, and its multiple choice.

so its time to learn them now!

this is probaly the only time in my life ive been nervous for an exam!!! serves me right for missing so many lectures.

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Well, that's my first all nighter. 2 cans of mother seemed to do it well enough. It's still not finished, but I've done well I think. Got horribly distracted by Facebook and stuff, but it should get done by 4pm.

mty10@

Likes Bikes and Dirt
have to go in and help a guy build a DVD on a program i've never used :mad:

It will take me awhile to learn it but once i learn it it will be easy...

then I have to wait 'till 6pm untill mum can drive me home.... (I'm building the DVD for her workplace...) :eek::mad::eek::rolleyes:

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Finished. I feel tired now, thank God they were handing out Red Bull at Uni today, otherwise I might never have smashed out the last little bit.