Thredbo - all you need to know

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
Thredbo flow Trail vid

[video=vimeo;36812006]http://vimeo.com/36812006[/video]

Why is there no info on south east mountain biking co about this?

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
[video=vimeo;36812006]http://vimeo.com/36812006[/video]

Why is there no info on south east mountain biking co about this?
Work on it only started towards the end of last season. The bulk of the track was made before the snow came, but it still needs some loving, especially after it's had snow sitting on it for months. STH EAST MTB will no doubt have info on it up as soon as it's functioning(before season opens). Some sections were opened towards the end of the last season, and raced on even. Interschools even raced part of it.
Should be a great track for any bike, and rider skill level, and a good warm up or take a break track for the full core DHers.

Last edited:

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
was good on sunday. some new stuff to work my way up too :)

flow trail a way off yet, could be fun on a 6incher.

thredbo now running the show, no SEMTB. guys in the shop super friedly and made some quick repairs to the norco cheap.

Glenn Polner

Likes Bikes
Went last weekend was sweet, only a noob so took b line to where it met a line again as they are still working on a lot of trails.

Going again in Jan wish I could go sooner, was wearing a gopro and recorded a nice stack of myself lol, what tyres are you guys running there and how do you find your tyre choice?

No Skid Marks

prefer to just ride and have fun lol when you going up again
i'm going weekend after next. Probably go wens night and ride from
Went last weekend was sweet, only a noob so took b line to where it met a line again as they are still working on a lot of trails.

Going again in Jan wish I could go sooner, was wearing a gopro and recorded a nice stack of myself lol, what tyres are you guys running there and how do you find your tyre choice?
I like Specializeds Butcher. More grip than Minion, but less feel for drifting.

Last edited:

Jack Mcinnes

Likes Bikes
Thredbo Update.

Hey guys i am a local, which lives in the Jindabyne region. I try to ride Thredbo as much as i can and when i get the chance. This summer of 12/13 the Thredbo MTB has taken over former host South East MTB this change has brought in more funding to the track. This the Downhill track has undergone a few changes on the track. In order of Top to Bottom of the track here are the changes:
Fireroad: has been smoothened out and the waterbars have been increased in size. Devils corner the very acute corner at the bottom has also be smothened out.
Hay-bale Jump: the Hay bale has been removed and the jump has been fully revamped. It has increased in height and length.
Bunnywalk entrance/Jump: This is the biggest and most significant change to the track, an approximately 10 metre booter has been added, this is located left of the tabletop that existed in 11/12 summer. Once past the two jumps you come down into 2 switchbacks which have been replaced with new dirt.
Last section: Once at the end of the track when popping out of the trees a step down has been added which you can either jump or roll. Once finished the stepdown you come into the new and improved berm. This LH berm has been moved forward a good 2 metres and no longer up against the fence. Coming out of the berm there is a right hand corner that leads into the improved last jump. This last jump has also been hightened and has more pop to it. The landing has been brought up and making the jump more flowy.

Thanks.
Jack Mcinnes

No Skid Marks

I was lucky enough to tag along with the Thredbo trail crew to do some full runs of the B track yesterday(cheers guys).
Rode my Zerode. A smaller travel bike would've been more ideal, but was still lots of fun on the DH bike. Lots of challenging little jumps, and some sneaky hidden ones. Awesome cornering practice on the DH bike as you need to keep speed on lots of them for some slight inclines after. As it packs in more it'll be awesome. and I'd love to ride it on a 6" bike, or even hardtail. I'd happily ride it all day on any mountain bike. and as it gets ridden in and they can asses it more it'll evolve into quite a fun track. Shame it's going to get destroyed over XMas break before it all gets to pack in. So the trail workers will be wasting time on repairs instead of more trail features, but such is life.
So it's open tomorrow for everyone to enjoy. It's about 5.5km long, and is actually more tiring on the DH bike than the A line. Still good for warm ups for the DH though.
It's still new, so doesn't roll half as fast as it will in a few more weeks, then it'll ride awesome, and the jumps etc will be more achievable to most. I couldn't clear lots of them on big bike, because of poor corner speed.
Anyone thinking about heading there, should. No need for a full blown DH rig or matching skills.

Last edited:

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
I was lucky enough to tag along with the Thredbo trail crew to do some full runs of the B track yesterday(cheers guys).
Rode my Zerode. A smaller travel bike would've been more ideal, but was still lots of fun on the DH bike. Lots of challenging little jumps, and some sneaky hidden ones. Awesome cornering practice on the DH bike as you need to keep speed on lots of them for some slight inclines after. As it packs in more it'll be awesome. and I'd love to ride it on a 6" bike, or even hardtail. I'd happily ride it all day on any mountain bike. and as it gets ridden in and they can asses it more it'll evolve into quite a fun track. Shame it's going to get destroyed over XMas break before it all gets to pack in. So the trail workers will be wasting time on repairs instead of more trail features, but such is life.
So it's open tomorrow for everyone to enjoy. It's about 5.5km long, and is actually more tiring on the DH bike than the A line. Still good for warm ups for the DH though.
It's still new, so doesn't roll half as fast as it will in a few more weeks, then it'll ride awesome, and the jumps etc will be more achievable to most. I couldn't clear lots of them on big bike, because of poor corner speed.
Anyone thinking about heading there, should. No need for a full blown DH rig or matching skills.
Thanks for the update, looking forward to hiting it early Jan

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
Top to Bottom Thredbo Flow

1st vid ive seen, not the best quality, but hey

[video=youtube;DCw2t5D_SBI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCw2t5D_SBI[/video]

Looks slowish most likely due to new trail and the ground not being packed in yet, however he doesnt seem to pedal much at all top to bottom, second half looks faster.