Too Beaucoup!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Nice. Is there a local Pole Dealer?
Nope. Was Linksports but Pole have gone back to direct sales. :(

Saw a guy rolling around one of these in the Stromlo car park this morning. Geez the front end has some rake on it!

The guy was wearing ski goggles, so I hope you're going to be doing the same?
I'm running it as a 29er so the rake shouldn't be as pronounced. But it will look even hugerer.

If it's as awesome as I hope it is, I'll need a full body condom and a F14 helmet with the callsign 'Slider'on it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Z

Zaf

1. 23mm id TWE rims laced to Hope Pro2 Evos
  2. 30mm id Zelvy PDLs laced to I9 Torchs.
Given that the Pole was meant to be a monster truck, I realised that neither of these wheels were going to be tough enough.

To be honest, the Zelvy's probably wouldn't survive the rigours of sitting on a spares shelf.

safreek

Nope. Was Linksports but Pole have gone back to direct sales. :(

I'm running it as a 29er so the rake shouldn't be as pronounced. But it will look even hugerer.

If it's as awesome as I hope it is, I'll need a full body condom and a F14 helmet with the callsign 'Slider'on it.

Looking bloody fit as bro

Oddjob

Looking bloody fit as bro
Just imagine that body, but 20 years older, wrapped in 50kgs of dad body, half asian..... actually just forget that picture and go and watch Top Gun.

To be honest, the Zelvy's probably wouldn't survive the rigours of sitting on a spares shelf.
They would if I rebuilt them with fresh spokes, washers and nipples. I got the wheels second hand so investing some tlc in them is a pretty cost effective way to get race wheels.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So...I had originally thought these were a single pivot. Your crisp clear photos show otherwise @Oddjob. This system appears to have some similarities to the odd system KHS were running on their dh bikes way back in the fetish/DH-50 days? Fortunately the frame is no where near as ugly.

Oddjob

So...I had originally thought these were a single pivot. Your crisp clear photos show otherwise @Oddjob. This system appears to have some similarities to the odd system KHS were running on their dh bikes way back in the fetish/DH-50 days? Fortunately the frame is no where near as ugly.
Why thankyou.

It looks like another variation on DW-link/Maestro to me but with a really big fucking bottom pivot around the bottom bracket. I haven't had a close look at how the lower linkage comes together yet. I'm hoping I will find some big ass bearings supporting that whoe bb assembly.

Oddjob

#fakenews
Have you turned the shed ornament into a bike yet?
Not yet. Wife's Pivot 429 has been built and gifted, look out for a post in the '...And do they even care?' thread.

Bike stands assembled and the man cave has been suitably tidied up. Will probably start checking wheel bearings and installing tyres this week.

Currently have a Thomson 125mm dropper set aside for the Pole but suspect I need something longer so might onvest in a Oneup but will build up bike to test first.

Also suspect the Thomson 50mm stem might be too long. Any suggestions for a shorter stem in black or red?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Not yet. Wife's Pivot 429 has been built and gifted, look out for a post in the '...And do they even care?' thread.

Bike stands assembled and the man cave has been suitably tidied up. Will probably start checking wheel bearings and installing tyres this week

Currently have a Thomson 125mm dropper set aside for the Pole but suspect I need something longer so might onvest in a Oneup but will build up bike to test first.

Also suspect the Thomson 50mm stem might be too long. Any suggestions for a shorter stem in black or red? Renthal apex. Plenty around and not too expensive. Or deity. They look pretty. Hurry up with the build and photo’s, you spent enought time measuring dicks with zaf now build and ride the bloody thing

Oddjob

Bearings checked and reseated with anti-seize. Freehub serviced with Dumondetech grease. Tubeless tape applied. I can't figure out if Project 321 hubs or I9 torch hubs are more annoying to service. I literally needed every hub servicing tool I have (which is lots) and I wasn't sure that would be enough.

Don't you worry @Utra Lord this XL Pole is getting good and ready.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Bearings checked and reseated with anti-seize. Freehub serviced with Dumondetech grease. Tubeless tape applied. I can't figure out if Project 321 hubs or I9 torch hubs are more annoying to service. I literally needed every hub servicing tool I have (which is lots) and I wasn't sure that would be enough.

Don't you worry @Utra Lord this XL Pole is getting good and ready.

Is there much difference between the i9 and project 321 @Oddjob

I was under the impression that sharing a freehub dictated a few similarities across the rest of the hub

Last edited:

Oddjob

Is there much difference between the i9 and project 321 @Oddjob

I was under the impression that sharing a freehub dictated a few similarities across the rest of the hub
I9 uses press on end caps. The rear disc side endcap needs a collet and slide hammer to remove. Drive side should slide off but might need a vise. Freehub slides off and bearings removed with a brass punch. Bearings are standard ones which can be driven with 17mm and 20mm driver.

P321 needs a 1.5mm alen key to loosen grub srew. Loose off preload collar. Collet to remove disc side endcap. Two 17mm spanners to loosen off drive side endcap, or in my case one 17mm and a vise. Freehub slides off and bearings tapped out with brass punch. Bearings need, 17mm, 20mm and 25mm (front bearings) driver to reinstall.

I9 doesn't specify angular contact bearings but they could probably be used. P321 specifies angular contact.

P321 has big lube reservoirs in the drive side shell. I9 doesn't.

I9 has high low flanges to try and correct spoke angles P321 doesn't. This is fine for non offset rims but the P321s work better with offset rims, ie offset rims with p321s allow matching spoke lengths.

PS removing Enduro seals to relube is a bitch.