Toodle's DHR208

CHEWY

Eats Squid
holy shiit thats a nice lookin bikiiie, hows do the craftworks frames ride? what kinda rims r those?

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm, you have a point there socket, id would be nice to know i can carry my old hayes 8incher as a spare.

nathan

Likes Dirt
whats the cockpit on those frames like, is it a bit cramped or what. Just wanted to know as they only come in one size dont they?

toodles

Wheel size expert
Socket and schmity - brakes are... (Front) XT lever, XSIV caliper, Hayes 8" rotor (Rear) XSIV caliper and lever, Hayes 8" rotor, Shimano adaptor. I didn't intend any of that - it just turned out that way.

Chewy - I'm really happy with the suspension performance ad build strength of the bike. The handling suits me very well. Downsides are it's pudgy (but most DH bikes are) and it pedals pretty mushy. My last bike was a Mongoose NX DH which is why it feels heavy.

The rims are Dice Two Sixes. They're pretty crap. Both are cracked unfortunatley so plan to replace them with 321s or Intense Mag 30s

The cockpit is a good length (for me anyway). Maybe a bit on the long side if anything but I like long top tube/short stem combos.

Ghost

Likes Dirt
toodles said:
Downsides are it's pudgy (but most DH bikes are) and it pedals pretty mushy.
That's what you get when you run a 500 spring. :wink:

It's got about a 2.7" stroke, right? Depending on how much you weigh, you could go with a heavier spring to cut back on your pedal bob, while maintaining all the plushness in the world.

toodles

Wheel size expert
I only weigh 68 kgs, the spring doesn't make it any easier to pedal but I think my weak legs and dodgy lungs are more of a problem.

toodles

Wheel size expert
I'd like to say i compard all the different parts in an analytical laboratory and choose each component that worked the best but actually I bought the brake set with full Xsiv except for Hayes rotors. Then I upgraded the rear and Shimano made the only adaptor I could find. Then I broke the front lever and couldn't find a replacement from Xsiv so I went with XT. Had to change from DOT 4 to miineral oil but it's holding up well and I think the XT lever works better :/ maybe a different compression ratio?

toodles

Wheel size expert
toodles said:
The rims are Dice Two Sixes. They're pretty crap. Both are cracked unfortunatley so plan to replace them with 321s or Intense Mag 30s
Just got a new Mavic D321 rim on the back. Tasty. Helluva lot stiff than the old spokes and rim. It seriously makes the bike pedal easier. Weird.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
those boxxers aren't that old school are they, 2001? (corect me if i'm wrong)
thats a sweet rig you got there, how much travel does it have? i've seen that bike (not YOUR bike but same one) at a race, and DAMN it looked hella sweet!!! how much does something like that set you back?