Tour De Farkin 2023 - Starts Sat 1st July

creaky

XMAS Plumper
The real race has been blown apart. The fantasy is getting tighter!

If you have a rider out, does that cost you a trade to replace them, or not?

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Either that was one of the truely great performances, or something is very, very suss.
Some of the watts/kg and climb times in this tour have been insane. Have we reached anew high in the combo of training, engineering and nutrition, or is it something else?

Hard to see the Pog coming back after that unless something crazy happens in the mountains

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Either that was one of the truely great performances, or something is very, very suss.
Some of the watts/kg and climb times in this tour have been insane. Have we reached anew high in the combo of training, engineering and nutrition, or is it something else?

Hard to see the Pog coming back after that unless something crazy happens in the mountains
I would say All of the above. Vingers may have scoped the course better, not done a bike change, had more appropriate gear ratios, and descended better, but taking 1min 40ish out of Pog....?!?! some highly skilled medical assistance, perhaps... (for both of them, and others in the peleton)
Pog has attacked Vingers on a few stages, but Vingers has either been able to stick with him, or has limited the time loss.

Any time I see the commentators and fans jizz themselves about an outstanding/astonishing/amazing/shocking performance, and when they wipe the floor with a rival who has a history of doing such things, I get a bit suspicious.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I would say All of the above. Vingers may have scoped the course better, not done a bike change, had more appropriate gear ratios, and descended better, but taking 1min 40ish out of Pog....?!?! some highly skilled medical assistance, perhaps... (for both of them, and others in the peleton)
Pog has attacked Vingers on a few stages, but Vingers has either been able to stick with him, or has limited the time loss.

Any time I see the commentators and fans jizz themselves about an outstanding/astonishing/amazing/shocking performance, and when they wipe the floor with a rival who has a history of doing such things, I get a bit suspicious.
Taking 5 to 7 minutes out of exceptional climbing time triallists does raise major suspicion. 8w/kg up that climb with two weeks of HARD climbing already in the legs........