Track Rage

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would have rammed bumble bee's ass off the road for not letting me pass then just punch on with him when i see him next, he will eventually work out it will be easier to let people pass :)

Marx

Likes Dirt
Descender yields (for XC).
Rider following must call out first to pass.
Rider leading will determine when to pass.
When a B line comes up – use it.
Better riders will always pass without causing problems – that’s what makes them better.
People who punch MTBers are not proper MTBers ( just a very naughty dooshbags).
Snowbroaders belong in the snow.
Riders who use helmets cams – all the time - are setting themselves up for a punch up.
It’s nothing like warm apple pie.

danthebloke

Likes Dirt
love it

this is what happens when roadies decide to cross over and think they are still racing to the nearest cafe for a Latte:very_drunk:Last one there is a rotten egg.

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
Seriously, some of you XC geezers are so uptight. No shit is was analogy. But I just like picking holes in peoples arguments some times.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This happens to me all the time. I am always slow up the hill and all the whippets come zooming past. It's then always those guys that I catch paddling down the other side.

As many have said before me, the easiest method is to pull up for awhile to get some clean track in front, and then bomb away trying to round them all up.

Win, win, everyone has fun and no ones ego gets bruised by being told they are too slow.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what this shows, is if you are going to come up on guys and then request and ultimately nag them to pass ... you better have the balls to back up your aggression - and what does the guy do? Posts the video on youtube and complains to mummy and anyone else that will listen that he got punched.

sometimes you have just got to sit back and not put someone under that kind of pressure and I know where I would have put his GoPro .......

Last edited:

redbruce

Eats Squid
what this shows, is if you are going to come up on guys and then request and ultimately nag them to pass ... you better have the balls to back up your aggression - and what does the guy do? Posts the video on youtube and complains to mummy and anyone else that will listen that he got punched.

sometimes you have just got to sit back and not put someone under that kind of pressure and I know where I would have put his GoPro .......
+1 .

Big JD

Wheel size expert
wouldnt have hurt to wait

guy in front is a tosser but seriously the guy behind could have simply gone - this guy is a tosser and i will give him some space/time. Just like the racer boys who wont say hello or yell track on a weekend trail ride - there are wa+*ers everywhere.

Love the Port hill trails

Cronar

Likes Dirt
I've been following the VORB thread on this and from the various clues and Google have figured out who the guy is (it's been a slow week at work). Turns out he was a pro XC racer in the early 90's. If you look closely at his frame it's a very cool old school Fat Chance Ti frame, he's definitely no punter, but he does have an anger management problem.

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Bike Videos

Slightly off topic but

the video was much better with a rider in it, you can see the lines, you can see the jumps, and its easier to picture yourself riding the track and behind someone.

Can I suggest that anyone who wants to make a video of a bike track should follow someone around it, not to close, maybe 3 or 4 metres behind. Organise it properly and there is an opportunity for advertising on their back or backside.

What do you think?

tex72

Likes Dirt
I've been following the VORB thread on this and from the various clues and Google have figured out who the guy is (it's been a slow week at work). Turns out he was a pro XC racer in the early 90's. If you look closely at his frame it's a very cool old school Fat Chance Ti frame, he's definitely no punter, but he does have an anger management problem.
Heard that the local constabulary have figured it out as well & arrested/charged him with assault.

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If he was a pro XC racer, now he's a fat slow old rider like me !