Trading access FAQ

Tom_Arsenal

Likes Bikes
Ok when i clicked on the link to get to the application page the text box didn't appear. So i clicked the "join group" button and and it sayes "This does not appear to be a public user group." what is happening??

curlysurfer

Likes Dirt
Hi Tom,
I waited a while for my permission to trade. There is some "rotorburn" tape for trading access.

They'll make sure you can post intelligently, you have a low count, as do I, so get conversing.

I think they wait till a few people are asking permission, then do a group all in one go. Bear in mind that they would have heaps of new members like us applying all the time, so it shouldn't be that long.

Hang in there. In the mean time to make things easier while you wait, post intelligent conversation in the normal forums, to get you post count up, this has some bearing on your application.

If you desperately want to buy from people, use the PM function, very lightly, it's not MSN on here!

My 1/50th of a dollar.

Rob

lachhyy

Likes Bikes
hey so if you were to right in the small box it would be somthing like
To trade and sell moutain bike stuff. Or to trade aswell is that what you could right

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To trade and sell moutain bike stuff. Or to trade aswell is that what you could right
No you need to explain why you need it as you have said but you need to explain that you have read the rules and state some of them

Bodin

GMBC
No you need to explain why you need it as you have said but you need to explain that you have read the rules and state some of them
These are great examples of how to get denied. Please stay in school, pay attention and learn how to construct sentences. Believe it nor not, you will be judged on these skills during some crucial parts of your lives.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i read all of the rules and regulations and i wrote that now i feel like a dumb arse! should i try again
I dont think you can try again... Be patient it takes about a week or so for them to read your application. It took me about a month

lachhyy

Likes Bikes
Ok I will wait a while. But if I don't get the trading access I will try again as I think Scott or s said they only volunter to work on this site.

RHINOmtb

Squid
2nd

haha,

i don't get it, how come there are four threads about trading acces on the first page of site problems. it's pretty simple i got it on the first shot and i'd imagine 99% of people do. as you said, all you have to do is read the rules and include somewhere in your paragraph that you have read the rules, you understand them and you will abide by them.

i did a search and found 31 threads to do with trading access in site problems and suggestions. wow!
i 2nd that

To Admin's

Hi,
This is to the Admins;
On monday at 4:58 in the afternoon I accidentally sent off a request for trading access that had nothing written in it. This was an accident as I pressed 'enter' and off it went. Sorry about that. I am still trying to get Trading Access but there isn't enough space to write a paragraph in the box on the application page as it runs out. This is the page I'm talking about; http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups

I know on the thread, 'How To Gain Trading Access', it says to apply with a written paragraph AND have made 5 or more decent posts. However, on the thread, 'Want To Know Why Your Application Was Denied', it says a paragraph OR 5 decent posts, So which one is it?

Now, I know I sent in a blank application but that was by accident as it sent itself when I was trying to start a new line which is how you write a paragraph. Is there somewhere else I am meant to write the application as the group application runs out of room after 50 or so characters? Please help me.
Thanks
Christian

song

Likes Dirt
Yea sorry to hassle you guys but can anyone properly justify what it means when is says "This does not appear to be a public user group.".... is it bad?

Cheers Kevin

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Yea sorry to hassle you guys but can anyone properly justify what it means when is says "This does not appear to be a public user group.".... is it bad?

Cheers Kevin
It means you need to apply and be granted access before you can post in that section.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a query?

If you have to apply for trading access is it then okay to sell stuff for your mate? Every now and then a thread pops up where someone says they are selling something for a friend and gives their friend's contact details.

mjb_250

Likes Bikes
While we're at it...

Just a question if anybody can help me out

If you have been denied trading access does that show in your "permissions group" status in your profile? Mine still says that I have requested to join which I read as myself just not being processed yet but I can't find anywhere on this website that definitively states how to know if you've been declined other than you won't have been accepted yet.

It hasn't quite been a week yet since I applied so I'm not concerned but it seems there isn't a real way of knowing if you've been declined.

(p.s. isn't maddie09 superkeen to start trading that name just keeps popping up... Relax I'm sure it will happen eventually...!)

Golf Pro

Likes Dirt
Why can't I still get access to Trade

Hi there
I have been a member since the 3rd of December and posted over 50 posts, I have three time tried to apply for Trading access and still can not understand why I have not been granted access,I have clearly read all the rules many times and have a full understanding of what I must do to be a good member. I have while appyling for access been honest and clear and have wrote a note with full understanding of the rules and kept it short.
Why can I still not get access please.
Thanks yo

Bodin

GMBC
Why can't I still get access to Trade
I almost denied you for saying "Thanks yo" :p, but your application was good quality, so it's now approved.

All Trading Applications are now cleared out, so if you missed out this time, please try harder next time.

And please don't even bother applying with a one-sentence application or if you have fewer than 5 posts. Those are the ones that I sort and delete before I even read them.

Shogun

Likes Bikes
I think the instructions for gaining Trading access are poorly written and confusing. It is disappointing that RotorBurn goes to great lengths to exclude people. I guess I will just sell and use other forums their gain Rotoburner users loss.

Thanks for the grammar lesson. I will edit with your "are" but think it reads ok with "is'. Perhaps you can direct me to the correct grammar rules on the matter?

With regards to the last sentence. Where does it need a full stop?

Last edited:

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the instructions for gaining Trading access are poorly written and confusing. It is disappointing that Rotorburn goes to great lengths to exclude people. I guess I will just sell and use other forums their gain Rotoburner users loss.
Your instructions are written poorly. There was a large lack of full stops in the last sentence.

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
I think the instructions for gaining Trading access is poorly written and confusing. It is disappointing that Rotor Burn goes to great lengths to exclude people. I guess I will just sell and use other forums there gain Rotoburner users loss.
Thousands of users have not had a problem meeting the requirements of the Trading Access application. I'd suggest if you can't follow the instructions the problem lies with you, rather than the instructions.:rolleyes:

Shogun

Likes Bikes
Thousands of users have not had a problem meeting the requirements of the Trading Access application. I'd suggest if you can't follow the instructions the problem lies with you, rather than the instructions.:rolleyes:
I must admit grammar and writing are not my strong points. Not everybody does well at school. I have a labouring type job and have to write very little in my day to day life. I wrote an application to the best of my ability. My understanding of the instructions was I had followed them correctly. I don't mind not being able to sell things. I just wish I could post to ask questions about things.
Perhaps you could PM me and help me write a good application rather than belittle me.