Trading access FAQ

Shogun

Likes Bikes
Thousands of users have not had a problem meeting the requirements of the Trading Access application. I'd suggest if you can't follow the instructions the problem lies with you, rather than the instructions.:rolleyes:
At a guess thousands also have had lots of problems with the application process too.

Maybe you can explain
2) In the group application reason field write a properly structured paragraph making it clear that you have read our rules, that you will abide by our rules, (use the templates and play nice etc). SMS language and slang are likely to get your application denied. We want to at least see that you have put a little effort in. Actually citing the rules expressed on this page is the surest way to convince us that you have read them and acknowledge the requirements of using the trading section. Simply saying that you have read the rules is NOT satisfactory - if you have indeed read this page you will notice this sentence and our specific request for citation of the rules! For further information regarding applications and examples of what to do and what not to do, please refer to this thread:
I am confused by.
Please don't write your life story in the application... a simple indication that you've read this and will abide by the rules will suffice.
So what is it?
A simple indication that you've read this and will abide by the rules will suffice.
Something like "I have read the rules required for trading access and agree to follow them."

or

We want to at least see that you have put a little effort in. Actually citing the rules expressed on this page is the surest way to convince us that you have read them and acknowledge the requirements of using the trading section. Simply saying that you have read the rules is NOT satisfactory - if you have indeed read this page you will notice this sentence and our specific request for citation of the rules!

This states that I need to write a paragraph and give examples (citations) of the rules which conflicts with the first statement. Which asks for a simple indication that I have read the rules.

Also
In Conclusion

Please feel free to voice your concerns about the terms and conditions stated here. The purpose of this is to improve the quality of the content of the website and we feel that this is a step forward in doing so.
So hence my post here.

Bodin

GMBC
I think the instructions for gaining Trading access are poorly written and confusing. It is disappointing that RotorBurn goes to great lengths to exclude people. I guess I will just sell and use other forums their gain Rotoburner users loss.

Thanks for the grammar lesson. I will edit with your "are" but think it reads ok with "is'. Perhaps you can direct me to the correct grammar rules on the matter?

With regards to the last sentence. Where does it need a full stop?
We exclude people because we don't want questionable judgement in an area that revolves entirely around complete strangers acting responsibly. In your case, based on your ridiculous sarcasm and completely offensive avatar, it looks like it's mission accomplished.

Please follow through on your threat and take your business elsewhere. We'll just have to cope with the "loss".

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I must admit grammar and writing are not my strong points. Not everybody does well at school. I have a labouring type job and have to write very little in my day to day life. I wrote an application to the best of my ability. My understanding of the instructions was I had followed them correctly. I don't mind not being able to sell things. I just wish I could post to ask questions about things.
Perhaps you could PM me and help me write a good application rather than belittle me.
I feel bad now...

Shogun

Likes Bikes
We exclude people because we don't want questionable judgement in an area that revolves entirely around complete strangers acting responsibly. In your case, based on your ridiculous sarcasm and completely offensive avatar, it looks like it's mission accomplished.

Please follow through on your threat and take your business elsewhere. We'll just have to cope with the "loss".
I am sorry that I had a "completely offensive avatar". I have removed it.

Bodin

GMBC
I am sorry that I had a "completely offensive avatar". I have removed it.
Appreciate it. Cheers. I've taken on board your feedback about the confusion around the rules and hope to clarify them asap for everyone's benefit.

TLS

Likes Bikes
Issue with trading access application box

Hey just wanted to let you know that I think there may be an issue with the application box for trading access. There seems to be a character limit and it would barely let me write two sentences before it cut me off.

I had a paragraph or so prepared which I could not otherwise post. It is a little annoying as to meet the requirements I assume you want us to write more than two brief sentences, but sadly that's all the application box would allow.

If you want proper English, grammar and for individuals to actually show they have read the rules I think this will need fixing.

I'm not sure if this problem is just occurring for me but I tried a number of times and always got cut off. I am using google chrome if that helps.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Argh, it appears every software update on the forum seems to knock this out. I'll fix it again.

B Man

Likes Dirt
im having some trouble with applying for trading access. i applied about a month ago and havent got it, so i thought i would try again. but when i tried to apply it told me that it was not avalible to public users. can anyone help me out?

cheers Brett.

In the group application reason field

Hi

Sorry but i am new to this site and i would really like to know were the In the group application reason field is so i can write a paragraph to gain acess.

Thanks
Ben

neo_vitamin

Likes Dirt
I applied for trading access almost 4 weeks ago, yet my profile shows that trading access has not been granted.

I have +10 posts as per the requirements. When putting in the application, to be safe I made mention of the rules, which maybe was a little wordy. My request was as below:

I would like to gain trading access to sell my mountain bike, accordingly I have read the rules for trading and understand the requirements for trading on rotor burn. I understand the criteria requires the use of appropriate English, containing only bike related items, having no grey imports or eBay referrals, and that advertisements are to be completed in a suitable fashion as outlined in the rules. I’m happy to abide by these rules and agree to operate within the rotor burn guidelines.

I'm not sure what the problem is?

darryl

Likes Dirt
I also applied 4 weeks ago, and have still not made it through. I found that the text box also had a character limit which made it very difficult to write a properly structured paragraph with sufficient enough information required in the application process. I recently read that the box will continue to record text regardless, and as such went to re-apply. I am also getting the not available to public use message when attempting to re-apply.

If a forums admin is reading, a heads up on what's happened here would be grateful.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Hi Guys,

Sincere appolgies, but out trading access approval system is broken. I'm currently working quite hard to resolve the issue. I'll post back here when it's working again.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Worked out a way around the issue we're having to process trading applications. I've cleared out the backlog of applications that has built up overtime. Please post here if you still haven't been granted access.

Lukespook

Likes Bikes
Hi,
Applied for Trading access a few months ago now - I think I applied correctly - ultimately up to moderators here to decide.
If there has been an issue with the approval system, could my application be looked at again or can I reapply ?
Cheers

spinner88

Likes Bikes
Please post here if you still haven't been granted access.
Hi Scott,
I'm also having problems with my trading access request. Do you know when the system will be back up and running? Or are you able to fix it manually? Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers