Trading access FAQ

treble

Likes Dirt
As with the previous people when applying for trading access the box does not let me reach the 200 character limit. I understand that it should keep expanding as I type but for some reason it wont. For example this is what Typed and where it cut out:

"Hi
Gaining trading access will be a privilege and will not be taken for granted or abused. I have read all the rules and promise to play nice.
I will not use SMS language nor will I bump more than"

If this could be fixed or if I can apply by an alternate way it would be greatly appreciated.
I noticed this when i applied too, was only able to get a very short paragraph in the text box before my typing stopped showing up. I am using a Mac with safari, possibly a compatibility issue? Hopefully what i wrote will suffice to obtain access.

Also, have done a bit of searching but not found anything. Just wondering, as someone without trading access, am i still able to PM people with interest to buy items? i sent a couple of PM's today and i cant tell if they went through (they don't show up in sent)

Thanks

rumblefish

Likes Dirt
Did trading access requirements change recently? I have noticed a few people lately with less than 10 posts selling stuff.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Did trading access requirements change recently? I have noticed a few people lately with less than 10 posts selling stuff.
I have been noticing that for years.

Maybe the mods open up their accounts and see a million access requests and just say 'Fark it. Approve all'?

drew12341

Likes Bikes
I believe its now 5 posts as a minimum requirement:

'Requirements:

1) have at least 5 decent posts to your name with quality content (no one liners). Before granting you access, the admin will check your post history and may or may not grant you access based on your performance.'

Major

Likes Bikes
Trading access?

I know that I am already in that "IDIOT" group who didn't read rules carefully, but If someone can help me to at least become an "idiot" with trading access.
I have applied two times so far. For first application, I admit that I haven't red rules thoroughly, but after week or more I've applied again. Obviously I've missed that part which says: "...just keep on typing even if you don't see letters" and I repeated same mistake one more time.
I have found out all these things after that second attempt and doing some search and reading topics on forum for a couple of days. I've notice that there are many "idiots" like me (no offense to anyone) which at least gives me some kind of relief, that I am not only one there (and I can always say that I am not native english speaker so that I didn't understand quite well all rules - which is true and you will notice that while reading this I reckon).
After waiting for 3 weeks to be denied again and to try to reapply again, I still can't do it. I keep receiving this message when I try to join again:
1.jpg

Is there a longer "cool down" period for "idiots" like me or what? First rejection was after just few days...
Can someone advise what should I try to do?
So far I think that I've played by the rules (except joining thing)...

Regards,

One more "idiot" who doesn't read rules!

driftking

Wheel size expert
Did you not read the rules because you can't? You clearly have very good English for someone who is not native to the language. I'm assuming you have no trouble reading the rules?

If not, read the rules properly, saying you didn't read the rules properly and then trying to gain access sort of defeats the purpose. If you give them a thorough read Its pretty easy to construct a sentence which shows you have read the rules.

Consider your previous posts too, the 5 must be constructive and not simple one liners as pointed out in trading access.

Have you read the thread this,
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?4932-How-To-Gain-Trading-Access

Last edited:

Major

Likes Bikes
Did you not read the rules because you can't? You clearly have very good English for someone who is not native to the language. I'm assuming you have no trouble reading the rules?

If not, read the rules properly, saying you didn't read the rules properly and then trying to gain access sort of defeats the purpose. If you give them a thorough read Its pretty easy to construct a sentence which shows you have read the rules.

Consider your previous posts too, the 5 must be constructive and not simple one liners as pointed out in trading access.

Have you read the thread this,
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?4932-How-To-Gain-Trading-Access
It's embarrassing enough that I haven't manage to get access from second time and admit that, you don't have to implicate that I am stupid on top of that. ;)
Yes, I have red trading access rules and topics several time (even before 2nd attempt) but every time I would red from the beginning I would find out few details more. It's not problem for me to read all that 10 times more, and spend 2 days writing a good text explaining that I have red rules etc...
Thing is that even after 3 weeks I still cann't reapply again...Like it's still pending or whatever. That was my question and if someone has an answer or advice to that.
As to my posts, I waited to have at least 10 post before I applied just avoid possibility that some of them are not good (which obviously could be a case, as you are referring to that).
Actually, it's not any more in me getting the access to trade (I don't have things to sell at the moment, I can buy with out access...), it's more just a challenge now, because it got complicated now. Like solving a riddle... :)
But anyway, thanks for trying to help. I appreciate that.
Cheers

driftking

Wheel size expert
It's embarrassing enough that I haven't manage to get access from second time and admit that, you don't have to implicate that I am stupid on top of that. ;)
Yes, I have red trading access rules and topics several time (even before 2nd attempt) but every time I would red from the beginning I would find out few details more. It's not problem for me to read all that 10 times more, and spend 2 days writing a good text explaining that I have red rules etc...
Thing is that even after 3 weeks I still cann't reapply again...Like it's still pending or whatever. That was my question and if someone has an answer or advice to that.
As to my posts, I waited to have at least 10 post before I applied just avoid possibility that some of them are not good (which obviously could be a case, as you are referring to that).
Actually, it's not any more in me getting the access to trade (I don't have things to sell at the moment, I can buy with out access...), it's more just a challenge now, because it got complicated now. Like solving a riddle... :)
But anyway, thanks for trying to help. I appreciate that.
Cheers
I wasn't implying you were stupid at all. Just you clearly said you didn't read the rules thoroughly than tried to apply anyway. Given access is given to those who show clear understanding of the rules I was just making the obvious statement that maybe its not showing.

This post explains more, if you have written everything and what not i have no idea why it keeps getting denied. Maybe because English is not your primary language the small mistakes are causing issues?
I really have no idea, I know the mods hate short hand so maybe they are mistaking your small errors for laziness? Not sure.
Pretty sure most users don't even bother spending a few days on getting it right aha you'd think you would get it with this much perfection.

As for waiting, the mods don't just regulate this site all day so it can take a while for trading access to be given. Hopefully a mod will jump on and explain why you keep getting rejected.

I agree it sounds odd and you obviously are not doing anything deliberate that would be getting It rejected

Major

Likes Bikes
Thing is that i know that second attempt will be rejected, i am just waiting for that so that i can get third shoot. i did complete research after i have noticed same thing (no more than 100 and something signs). First try i was typing from my mobile ohone so i thought it's normal. Didn't even bother with that. After i've got rejected, i try to explain why and qoute few rules, this time from my netbook. Odd but what a heck, maybe it's just my laptop is playing with me (i was reading rules while trying that for second time but i just didn't see that part - continue typing...)
I've submitted anyway hopping that they will understand.
Never mind, maybe third try will be lucky one. If i come to it! :)
Little digression, do these posts count as valid ones? :)
Cheers

Genius Josh

Likes Dirt
It's because you can't spell or be bothered checking for errors in your spelling the abortion above is a perfect example of why I don't want to see posts of you peddling your wares. In any community that relys on reading and writing for communication it is unacceptable to neglect the writing part. I assume you can read?

Major

Likes Bikes
It's because you can't spell or be bothered checking for errors in your spelling the abortion above is a perfect example of why I don't want to see posts of you peddling your wares. In any community that relys on reading and writing for communication it is unacceptable to neglect the writing part. I assume you can read?
I don't know what's more genius, your post or your nick! I don't understand, maybe that's why...
:hail:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Major, your post reads like a dislexic five year old wrote it and there's no way you'll be getting access if your application is any similar. Simple as that.

Major

Likes Bikes
Well, isn't that discriminating? If i have explained and apologised about my english, one would think that "so called community" would have at least a little bit of understanding...
Admins should than modify the rules and say: "If you are not native english writer/speaker or you don't sound like it, you will not get trading access"
And as it seems like it's unwritten rule, well, i don't need and i don't want access any more.
Thanks guys, you have opened my eyes. ;)

Genius Josh

Likes Dirt
I don't know what's more genius, your post or your nick! I don't understand, maybe that's why...
:hail:
My screen name is more to do with my bike than anything else. Reading is the best way to get better at writing not that all posts on here are worthy of emulating. If you don't understand that is ok, but I shouldn't have to read you not understanding. There are plenty of native English speakers that will never ever get trading access, because they can't / don't follow the same rules all are expected to.

Jacob.R

Likes Bikes
Trading Access

Hi Administrators,

I have fairly recently applied for the trading access group and have met all of the requirements and have written a some what respectable reason stating that I have read the rules and regulations, (such as no SMS or text spelling, no bullying and no inappropriateness) and that I will abide these rules. However when I click on the 'Join Group' button it comes up as 'This does not appear to be a public user group.'

Could you guys please help me.

Thanks Jacob.R

Im in the same boat as the poster above ^

Just wondering how long the turn around on the approval process is?

Have a garage full of stuff to off-load.

Cheers Jack.

x3foz

Likes Bikes
I to have applied and have had no response. It was very simple to read and understand. Admin???