TREK-splosion

Staunch

Eats Squid
How long ago did this happen man?
I've got pics of the exact same thing that happened to a session 88, really doesn't look too fun, especially while you're riding.

PirateKing

Likes Dirt
Thats interesting that it's broken along the outside the weld, shows poor welding, allowing the surrounding material to heat up to much and go brittle. Is it still under warranty?

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Happened yesterday at oxy...

Second owner, so no warranty. But having to replace a chainstay isn't the end of the world - already have a replacement on the way!

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
9th one I've seen crack in the same spot, funny, you could almost call it a design fault Mr Trek!

Little bike built up yet?

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
That's the exactly same spot where the girl who cracked one of the first set of 2010 Boxxer WC's also cracked her session 88...

indica

Serial flasher
Back in the day when I had countless GF bikes replaced they upgraded to new bits to stop repeated claims, just gets too expensive otherwise.

lobstar

Likes Dirt
Trek offer 1 year warranty on the sessions, and they well and truly hook up the original owner. I personally have been upgraded from my 8 frame set to an 88.
The new design on the 88 has no welds were yours has cracked.
Also everyone, this is a 2-3 year old frame, it's obviously not going to last for ever. it's downhill, stuff brakes and if it's out if warranty there isn't much you can do.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also everyone, this is a 2-3 year old frame, it's obviously not going to last for ever. it's downhill, stuff brakes and if it's out if warranty there isn't much you can do.
Yep - totally agree. With what I've been putting this thing through, I've got no complaints at all!!