Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

moorey

call me Mia
Trump directed the National Guard NOT to come even though it was known they would be needed and I believe Bowser had requested. Trump has the call on that.

Also, I grew up on the original V as a teen. Ok boomer. Please don’t sully the memory.

Minlak

custom titis
Trump issues a statement. First lie is 14 seconds in (new record?) but nonetheless it's a complete capitulation on election fraud claims. Now saying it was all "only to ensure election integrity." No mention of continuing to pursue such claims. You can literally smell the fear..
There is no way Trump wrote that - My guess is he was told this is what has to happen if you don't want to be impeached / removed - you have to appear to be condemning the actions. The only bit that seems to have Trumps input is the last tweet

But he said the fight was now over.
"My only goal was to ensure the integrity of the vote. In so doing I was fighting to defend American democracy," he said.
"I continue to strongly believe we must reform our election laws to verify the identity and eligibility of all voters."
He committed to a "smooth" transition.
"No Congress has certified the results. A new administration will be sworn in on January 20th, my focus now turns to ensuring a smooth, orderly and seamless transition of power," he said.
"This moment calls for healing and reconciliation."
"To the citizens of our country, serving as your president has been the honour of my lifetime. And to all of my wonderful supporters, I know you are disappointed, but I also want you to know that our incredible journey is only just beginning.
"Thank you, God bless you, and God bless America."

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
He honestly looked like he was shitting bricks
Good, a terrified Trump is likely a more malleable Trump. He's still going to get impeached though. Again.

I think the impeachment (assuming the 25th doesn't happen) is less about removing him then keeping him occupied and on the defensive. And ensuring his reputation will be too sullied to ever run again. Note his kids have been very quiet. They know how fucked they are.

And if the rumours are true a DC cop has died in the riots yesterday (two were seriously injured, one beaten by MAGAs) then he'll most likely be tried for sedition / treason the moment he leaves office.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
meanwhile in Australia, local LNP FUCKWIT mp Craig Kelly made sharting posts on his facebook page supporting trump. Kelly needs to be thrown out of parliament and imprisoned. at the very least. craig kelly is an absolute oxygen thief.

pic from post in case it gets removed by FB