Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
It begins. Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema siding with McConnell and the GOP in the senate to keep the filibuster. I can see them doing this EVERY vote, just as I feared when it looked like the Dems might win the senate.
Manchin has indicated strong support for a monster covid relief package though. Can't remember where I saw that (might've been a Pod Save America podcast) but 99% sure it's on the cards.

Don't understand the obsession with the filibuster however, it's the kinda thing you'd think would inspire pitchforks and fire, but apparently you can only get that out of the American public by lying to them incessantly instead.

moorey

call me Mia
Manchin will support COVID relief.....at the expense of maintaining/increasing tax cuts for the most wealthy.

moorey

call me Mia
I am heartened that Bernie might be able to use reconciliation to get Covid relief through with a simple majority. That would still require every single Democrat to vote for it if every Republican votes against it. It should get through if he’s able to use it, but nothing would surprise me.

moorey

call me Mia
Oh I'm aware the odds are looooong on that bet, but I'm on a good run (Trump is going to lose, Democrats will take the Senate, Trump will trash his legacy before he leaves office) so I'm starting to feel like I'm on a roll..
How about this one...Harris will primary Joe...