Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Tom Nichols, former Republican and Professor of war strategy and stuff:

Today is the day that Never Trumpers warned was coming. Markets crashing, indictments piling up, a President losing his grip; allies horrified, enemies celebrating, government in chaos, and Mattis quitting in protest. And it’s going to get worse.

moorey

call me Mia
Mattis, while I had issues with his keenness for war, was the closest thing to sanity in Trumps administration.
Loving this death spiral...just not the damage it’s doing on the way.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Prepare to see some desparation stuff (which Syria/Afghanistan actually is) as he's not getting funding for the wall, is about to lose the House (which means investigations into his finances), Mueller turning the screws, etc. etc.

What that will look like, could be a govt shutdown over Xmas, which will be a hardcore grinch move, could be some harsh moves on China after the announcement of the hack and attributuion to China (which is no small thing). These really are tense times, right now.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Now Mattis is not going to serve out his transition period because Trump has reacted badly to the resignation letter, deputy replaces him. New SecDef is a former Boeing executive with no government experience. Hmmm.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Now Mattis is not going to serve out his transition period because Trump has reacted badly to the resignation letter, deputy replaces him. New SecDef is a former Boeing executive with no government experience. Hmmm.
Now to see who reaches for the impeachment button first. Would the GOP be crazy enough to let him see out his term? Are the Dems enjoying watching Trump hang himself too much?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
New SecDef is a former Boeing executive with no government experience. Hmmm.
Good! Finally a boss who knows how the real world works and can cut through all the beauractic red tape to make informed and accurate decisions, like a real business would. If there's profit in going to war...do it. If there is no profit...don't. It's pretty simple guys, didn't you learn anything from economist Milo Minderbinder?

Now to see who reaches for the impeachment button first. Would the GOP be crazy enough to let him see out his term? Are the Dems enjoying watching Trump hang himself too much?

Doesn't he still hold ressonable approval within the voting base of his party?

Oddjob

Good! Finally a boss who knows how the real world works and can cut through all the beauractic red tape to make informed and accurate decisions, like a real business would. If there's profit in going to war...do it. If there is no profit...don't. It's pretty simple guys, didn't you learn anything from economist Milo Minderbinder?

Doesn't he still hold ressonable approval within the voting base of his party?
It's beginning to slip. And his approval amongst swing voters is reaching disasterous levels. You need more than your base to win.

Oddjob

And your opponent needs people to turn up...
Turnout at the midterms was high for midterms. It delivered the house this time and if Trump tries to go for a second term the GOP might lose the senate as well.

If the Dems start to get their shit together they may even start to take back state legislatures on a large scale and start unwinding all the bullshit GOP voter registration rules and ridiculous district boundaries.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Turnout at the midterms was high for midterms. It delivered the house this time and if Trump tries to go for a second term the GOP might lose the senate as well.

If the Dems start to get their shit together they may even start to take back state legislatures on a large scale and start unwinding all the bullshit GOP voter registration rules and ridiculous district boundaries.

Yes the voter deregistration issues are quite big.

Trump is poison. So assuming it falls in the too hard basket to fuck him off mid term, I think they'd be mad to let him run again.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Jesus fucking Christ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/13/climate/cafe-emissions-rollback-oil-industry.html

But for gasoline producers like Marathon, a shift toward more efficient vehicles poses a grave threat to the bottom line. In October, the company acquired a rival, Andeavor, making it the biggest refiner in the United States, with sales of 16 billion gallons of fuel a year.

Even while doubling down on gasoline, Marathon has projected an environmentally friendly public image. “We have invested billions of dollars to make our operations more energy efficient,” Marathon said in a recent report. The company’s Twitter account recently highlighted a gardening project and the creation of a duck pond at one of its refineries.
A duck pond here would be swell!

John U

MTB Precision
The man has no shame.

Trump re pay rises for US service members - “You haven’t gotten one in more than 10 years. More than 10 years. And we got you a big one. I got you a big one.”

From the article linked below-
THE FACTS: He’s wrong about there being no pay increase for service members in more than 10 years and about their raise being especially large.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2430111002

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It is amazing that he is such a compulsive liar. I understand that politicians lie as second nature, but he is incredible.

He is also the distraction...