Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

moorey

call me Mia
Also, all the government workers who are now being forced to take unpaid leave or work for free, have been doubly shafted because he knocked back there indexed pay rise. He has stated they are happy to work for free while the shutdown is in progress, because they want the wall. The lies never end.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I actually think the seppos deserve trump. It’s just a shame he gets to screw the rest of the non free world.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I actually think the seppos deserve trump. It’s just a shame he gets to screw the rest of the non free world.
That’s a pretty big call, lumping almost 400 million people into one basket. I know many Americans that don’t deserve that dog.

moorey

call me Mia
There’s credible rumblings that he'll take a deal to walk away, in exchange for charges against him and his family being dropped. Hope not. Want this prick and his 3 older kids wearing orange.

Binaural

Eats Squid
There’s credible rumblings that he'll take a deal to walk away, in exchange for charges against him and his family being dropped. Hope not. Want this prick and his 3 older kids wearing orange.
Won't happen. There are a lot of state-level charges percolating out there for him and his family that cannot be traded off by the feds, and that carry quite a bit of jail time collectively, and who are controlled by the Democrats. While he's president he may have effective immunity against indictment (as far as I can tell even against state-level criminal charges), but if he resigned in disgrace there's a decent chance that they would immediately go after him. Given his options, his best bet is to try and run the clock and try and make it politically dangerous to pursue him for his misdeeds.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Where do these rumblings come from?

Obviously not at all impossible, but my gut says implausible. He just doesn't seem like the type to admit failure/fault and strikes me more as some one who would rather attempt to use all the powers available to him (;legal or not) to stay in power/win.

moorey

call me Mia
Won't happen. There are a lot of state-level charges percolating out there for him and his family that cannot be traded off by the feds, and that carry quite a bit of jail time collectively, and who are controlled by the Democrats. While he's president he may have effective immunity against indictment (as far as I can tell even against state-level criminal charges), but if he resigned in disgrace there's a decent chance that they would immediately go after him. Given his options, his best bet is to try and run the clock and try and make it politically dangerous to pursue him for his misdeeds.
I’m aware of these points, but it has come up a couple of times recently on various political podcasts by people who know more than me.
Not saying it will happen, or I want to...just sayin.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Where do these rumblings come from?

Obviously not at all impossible, but my gut says implausible. He just doesn't seem like the type to admit failure/fault and strikes me more as some one who would rather attempt to use all the powers available to him (;legal or not) to stay in power/win.
Agree. His disregard for the truth, inability to admit something is different to his perception and general disregard for anyone other than his ‘elite mates’ will ensure he doesn’t go down without a fight - and would probably never understand why they were after him in the first place.

moorey

call me Mia
I though Pelosi was a horrific choice for speaker. She’s got a history of giving in. Trump knows it, and was stoked about her appointment. At least at the time.
I’m pleased I was wrong.