Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Ackland

chats d'élevage
The real problem with the “evidence” is it hasn’t actually been heard - All the court cases have been thrown out on legitimacy and technicality not the evidence debunked.
If their legal briefs attached to the lodgement was able to show that the evidence gave them standing then they would have been heard.
Either:
Trump's team are such dipshits that they have the smoking gun but don't know how to lodge cases

Or

Trump's team are still dipshits and spouting baseless claims and are in fact being served defamation claims

Ackland

chats d'élevage
But that just feeds the conspiracies.
Surely it's clear that he's just a desparate loser with his straight up criticism of his own stacked SCOTUS, hand picked directors, own party, own fucking stimulus bill and the fact that he was in power when the rules for this election were laid out

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you think he genuinely believes it was rigged? Is it a case of emperors new clothes where he is surrounded by people constantly telling him what they think he wants to hear?

Minlak

custom titis
Do you think he genuinely believes it was rigged? Is it a case of emperors new clothes where he is surrounded by people constantly telling him what they think he wants to hear?
Ok serious answer for once - I do believe he feels he won genuinely as he received the most votes on the day - however the system they use does not rely on the most votes in total to find a winner - if zone 1 has 10 electoral votes to give and Trump got 90% of the vote he still only gets the 10 college votes - so you can easily have the most actual votes for you overall but still easily lose the actual election

Litenbror

Eats Squid
What does it matter Biden got both the popular vote and the electoral college, unlike Trump in 2016.

Where was this outrage in 2016 when Clinton won the popular vote and still lost?

Edit: maybe I missed something I don't follow this thread or anything to do with the crazy Cheeto man baby.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Yep, I do. It’s confirmation bias. All the bullshit TV networks he watches, And the idiot Twitter pundits say he won. They are the only people whose opinion he believes. Also, is yes-men are too scared to say otherwise.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
What does it matter Biden got both the popular vote and the electoral college, unlike Trump in 2016.

Where was this outrage in 2016 when Clinton won the popular vote and still lost?

Edit: maybe I missed something I don't follow this thread or anything to do with the crazy Cheeto man baby.
There was a bit, including seven faithless electors (I'm too tired and stupid to explain what those are but Google may help if needed). But overall it was accepted as a win owing to depressed turnout by Democrat voters rather than tHe vOtE iS rIgGeD - the latter being what happens when Trump supporters are fed nothing but manipulated algorithmic bullshit largely via social media that's so effective Trump could tell them gravity was fake news and they'd believe it.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
There was a bit, including seven faithless electors (I'm too tired and stupid to explain what those are but Google may help if needed). But overall it was accepted as a win owing to depressed turnout by Democrat voters rather than tHe vOtE iS rIgGeD - the latter being what happens when Trump supporters are fed nothing but manipulated algorithmic bullshit largely via social media that's so effective Trump could tell them gravity was fake news and they'd believe it.
I should have been a bit clearer when asking where the outrage was in 2016. We all know the electoral college is BS and one of the faithless electors you talk about ran unopposed for their seat so you get what you pay for. The outrage I was questioning was the conservatives crying foul about the system they are happy to support when it goes their way, all of the "don't tread on me" types who want to tread on everyone else and cry if they get push back. I know it's all been said before but sometimes it's cathartic to tell them to just suck it up you big babies.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Ok serious answer for once - I do believe he feels he won genuinely as he received the most votes on the day - however the system they use does not rely on the most votes in total to find a winner - if zone 1 has 10 electoral votes to give and Trump got 90% of the vote he still only gets the 10 college votes - so you can easily have the most actual votes for you overall but still easily lose the actual election
He understands this because it’s how he won last time. This time he lost both the popular vote (by over 4 million) and the electoral college.
I do think that he believes it is rigged and that he really won but only because of two things:
  1. He cannot compute losing
  2. He has gotten through life by telling an alternate story enough times that it becomes truth in his mind. I’m sure this would equate to a diagnosable condition. I’m not sure if that is the definition of a sociopath but...

Either way - remember when you were a kid and there was that fuckwit at school in grade three who would insist on playing cricket with ‘no LBW’ and ‘tip and run rules’ but would then claim while batting he didn’t need to run and would insist while bowling that you were clearly out LBW and you ended up punching on because he would never admit that he set the rules and then pissed on them...? Imagine that kid never grew up but was handed the keys to the White House.