Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I was listening to the BBC this morning and they interviewed some Trump voters post-polling. They'd been keen to vote but seemed resigned to losing regardless as they felt that rigging was a foregone conclusion and that the Dems would win.

Small sample obviously, but you wonder if Trump's fucked it for the republicans by making some of their base give up in advance and not bother voting at all?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Small sample obviously, but you wonder if Trump's fucked it for the republicans by making some of their base give up in advance and not bother voting at all?
I hope so. It'll make the Republicans divorce themselves from Trump far more rapidly if they lose both Senate seats today.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Who could have predicted it? The dense population centres with hundreds of thousands more voters take longer to count!? It's a scam! They should have stopped the count after the mighty Echols County!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Considering Ossoff's lead over Captain Insider Trading is even greater than Biden's overall win in Georgia I think we can start getting used to saying Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. Cus the Republicans have a minority in the Senate now. Cus they're shit.

Trump's new legacy: losing the House of Reps, Senate and Presidency in just four years.

moorey

call me Mia
It took months, but @moorey was right all along. House, senate and Oval Office.
I also said in late 2015 that Warren would win in 2020. But no one remembers that.
In fairness, I thought Dems would take senate...until Election Day eve, when it was looking shaky, and I couldn’t see the 2 run offs going to the Dems...but as usual, Trump snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Minlak

custom titis
Trump has incited all of this - Americans are crazy at the best of times now you have explicitly asked them to gather at the capitol building and they are storming it and have breached the building.
the conspiracy side of me also tends to think there will be plants in the crowd to gee them up and force actions as well.

moorey

call me Mia
It’s a sad state of affairs when Mitch has to tell his fellow GOP senators and congresspeople that they are an embarrassment and damaging the image of the nation.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
All of this was going unfold sooner or later.

Just claim you are doing it for the people, the Constitution, the founding forefathers and of course God and you have all the moral high ground you need to go ahead and do whatever you like if your supporters are on the same page. Pretty messy but it will blow over.
China will have a field day over this one. Now Pence is the antichrist.

Oh well...............