Tubeless Rim Tape

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So my first usage of the magical outdoor masking tape was a success.
Did the overnight tube trick to help seat the tape and also get the new tyre to correct shape before using sealant. Initially it held pressure for a day then 2 days later it was almost flat. Pumped it up and it went flat overnight. Perplexed, I pumped it up and rode on it. Left it alone and checked 5 days later expecting the worst but it’s now holding air.

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
Yep. Both the blue and yellow in my pic are #2097.
Just enough stretch for it to pull nicely into the valley.
Based on this thread (If I said I'd followed @moorey's advice it's more likely to end up a fuckwits entry...) I'd bought the yellow #2097 after looking fucking everywhere to attempt to find the blue stuff. Its now fitted on 2 of my bikes, and still seems to hold up on most wheels. I did redo one wheel that kept going flat overnight after about 8 weeks, tape comes off easy enough.
Tape is definitely more fragile than genuine tubeless tape, easy to stretch it too much or split it with too much tension when fitting to the rim. I do at least 2 layers to ensure no issues. However, fucking way cheaper than genuine tape, conforms to rim shape better, and appears to do the job alright, and is still removable after a couple of months. Also worked on on a set of custom Hope wheels after no end of fucking around with Peaty's Rim Job Tape and Joe's without any acceptable results. Peaty's Rim Job does a job on your wallet too...