UCI World Cup 2011 DHI 1 - Pietermaritzburg RSA

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Seems like it's been forever! Let's hope Sam can stay on the bike, would be amazing to see him have a full season on the edge.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will be interesting to see how the flats compare to the clips especially this weekend...

My bets on Connor to take the win for the Juniors.

simplesimon76

Likes Dirt
Will be interesting to see how the flats compare to the clips especially this weekend...

My bets on Connor to take the win for the Juniors.
Yeah, any aussie really would be tops, but in the Elite's, it's gonna be hard to beat Minar. Come On Hanna, your our best aussie pedallar!! :D

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Geez you'd be brave to bet against Minaar for this race. He'll be pumped even more than last year! I'm also thinking he'll be the man to beat for the overall, he just never backs off.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Geez you'd be brave to bet against Minaar for this race. He'll be pumped even more than last year! I'm also thinking he'll be the man to beat for the overall, he just never backs off.
It will depend on how well he deals with the presure seeing as he was 2nd last year overall, won the race last year and it's infront of a home crowd. Being a rider of his caliber though he should be alright.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
School I think.
Oops I thought he was, my mistake then. Smart choice in a lot of ways seeing as no one can race DH for ever (except maybe Steve Pete...) so need to have back ups for afterwards. Shame though because I reckon he would have had a real shot at the overall.

RAC_DH

Likes Dirt
MINAAR FTW.....

he destroyed it last time
+1 but his time it will be close with Gee looking good and also No one can count out Sam Hill ... however the massive flat "XC" bit might kill him.

Would have been good to see Connor out there keeping Troy honest in the Juniors, but will be interesting to see what other Juniors around the world are like this season there is always somone new looking to take the champ down.

Graves probably could pull something out due to the long flat section favoring his super pedalling ability (not sure if he is racing the Dh at this round?)

Aaron Gwin - New team ... loads of hype ... who knows
Sick Hannah - Always got the tallent lets hope he can get up on the step this year and keep it on 2 wheels
Marc Beaumont - Got a good result last year but that was it he will be looking to get a few more under his belt this season
Steve Smith - Smashed the Worlds so he will be looking to show that it was not just a one off ... hopefully he will whip and style his way to some top 5's this season
Sam Blenkinsop - Pinned always ... no question he will be right up the top end of the list this season
Cam Cole - Started strong last season ... new team ... new goals. Hope he gets a good start again and keeps it up for the whole season
Danny Hart - Unstoppable skills look for him in the top 10 all season ... hope he can get onto the steps this season

In the ladies Sabo, Tracy Moseley, and Rachel Atherton are all contenders for the win in round 1 and overall ... lets hope no big crashes keeps them in for the whole season ... could get interesting.