use of 'nazi'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueFuzz

Likes Bikes
The thing is, there were people who believed in Fascism because of the economic and social situations experienced in Italy and Germany. The countries were in such a degraded state they thought anything could be better than the humiliation they suffered in WWI. But they just had no idea how bad it could get.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that's the problem with desperation.
Think, Adolf Hitler managed to conince pretty much an entire country of people (not realy all the people but a whole shit-load!) that he would lead them out of their problems with.....that

wombat

Lives in a hole
I find it really hard to comprehend a couple of things: firstly, banana beer :shock: but more importantly, how people can be so evil. I just can't fathom it. How can you cold bloodedly hurt another human? I'm not talking about crimes out of desperation or revenge or anything else that we can possibly relate to, I'm talking about completely unprovoked attacks which stem from a seemingly loose mind. Is there some sort of chemical imbalance that can be blamed?

wombat

Lives in a hole
On another note, I think it's terriffic that a serious topic can be discussed on here without too many smartass remarks. This is the way forums should work, there's a place for jokes, and there's a place for serious convo's too. Keep it up people.

G

i try to learn as much as possible on this subject those pictures were graphic but interesting

BlueFuzz

Likes Bikes
As Belly_up's smart arse comment mentioned :D I just did a Political and Economic Ideologies program at USQ. Really enjoyed it and would recommend it to you Fuzzy if you would like to learn some more about the background to such events.

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If people get so anal about simple words that are now everyday vocabulary, they've got some pretty big issued.

If we can't say nazi, we can't say dumb, stupid, gay, retard, idiot etc...

It's just that, a word.

wombat

Lives in a hole
That is such a close minded simplictic view of the situation! It seems pretty obvious that you have never been a member of a group which is sensitive to such an issue. I believe too, that in many cases political correctness can go too far, but saying that "they're just words" is the statement of a simpleton.
The problem that these words are not being used in their true sense, but have instead developed conotations which in some situations can make them very offensive; or that they are being used in conotative context, and the their true sense is offensive.

If you want to use these terms among your own social group, that's perfectly fine, I know I do. But I also know that I can do it while safely knowing just how any given term will be interpretted. Unfortunately, on a public forum like this, you can never be sure who's reading your posts, what their personal background is, or how your thoughts will be interpretted in what is, for the most part, a tone-less medium.

On here we just need to be careful what we say (witin reason). If you really can't express your dislike for something without resorting to the use of the word "gay" I suggest you purchase a thesaurus and dictionary.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i say nazi and personally you could call me nazi this or that. it's just some people have had close relations that were put through that living hell and are still very sensitive about the issue (they have every right to be!)

MrPlow

TMBC
BlueFuzz said:
The thing is, there were people who believed in Fascism because of the economic and social situations experienced in Italy and Germany. The countries were in such a degraded state they thought anything could be better than the humiliation they suffered in WWI. But they just had no idea how bad it could get.
My grandparents in Germany really had no idea these bad things were happening, they thought it was all good. This is why you cannot believe the media.. You are spoonfed what the pollies want you to hear, as is the case with iraq, I don't really believe any stories... I don't deny them, I just don't think we get the full picture. :(
Hitler did some awfull things, but he also built shitloads of infustructure. The sad thing is the people of Germany are still recovering. You go to Berlin (catch bus 100 by the way, don't pay, just hop in and it takes a good tour of the city :wink: ) and every street they are still rebuilding, amazing to see. My cous was there when they knocked down the wall. And my grandparents family were seperated when it went up.
German beer is great except for banana beer, it tastes how you would expect it SHITE!! The only time it is aquired is when U R smashed and desperate for piss :roll:

MrPlow

TMBC
sxereturn said:
If people get so anal about simple words that are now everyday vocabulary, they've got some pretty big issued.

If we can't say nazi, we can't say dumb, stupid, gay, retard, idiot etc...

It's just that, a word.
And I suppose these are just pictures to you then....http://www.annefrank.dk/Photos.htm
Use any word you want, alls I say is don't forget what it means..
the difference is dumb, stupid, gay, an retard did not mass murder your relatives mate. You have hit the nail on the head with your comment about everyday vocabulary, the word looses its real meaning, I think that is sad, as people forget how bad things can be, just be a bit compassionate and thank yourself farkin lucky we have such a great life :D I think this thread has been really interesting, but I hate talkin so seriously :roll:

wombat

Lives in a hole
Ah come on, a bit of serious discussoin is good for the cranium, but so is some light hearted stuff.

G

Dinsy2 said:
Fuzzy said:
agreed hence my offended thread that people took out of hand
do you mean "got out of hand" or "took out of context" you seem confused there sparky.
no i mean took out of hand. Can someone got something out of hand? as you say?? that makes no sence Sparky. :roll: :roll:

S.

ex offender
Well if they took it out of hand, it'd be in their hands then wouldn't it. And if they managed to take it with anything other than their hands then it probably wasn't so hard to contain anyway.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Hahaha.

Sorry fuzzy, but the expression would be "the thread got out of hand". When you start messing with cliches things start to sound silly.

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What I'm trying to convey is that if everyone got offened at a simple 4 letter word, things would get out of hand.

Yes, it may have a more serious meaning to you. And maybe many other people too. But everything is offensive to SOMEBODY out there, and you've got to deal with it.

My cousin has severe cerabal pausy, he'll never walk, talk, or do anything bar lay there and make a few noises. Do I flip out when people use the word retard? No. I myself am a big fan of the word. Why? Because too me, it is not pertaining to my cousin, or any other disabled person out there. The same as when people call someone dumb, nobody comes running to defend all the mutes out there, do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.