User created Video comp *Suggestion Thread*

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
Hey,

Should we get it because we named the site after rotorburn and used the icon? or dosn't it matter...? How does my sig idea sound?

Cheers

adman

Likes Dirt
I'm trying to think of something witty that will make people want to click the link... ie. the old uncle sam thing.

Are you always behind a lens? And smashing your computer in a video editing anger strike? Then the Rotorburn film community needs YOU!

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry if this comes across rudely... but... are you serious?

This is a competition! You have to make new vids each time!
Na na I'm fine with that. This weekend I'll go out and do some filming. Do you get marked down on quality? Eg resolution coz my point and shoot isn't to good for quality. :eek:

adman

Likes Dirt
Mitch will have to answer that - but I'm fairly sure you won't.

As long as you don't film with a camera phone I guess...

It's really about your technique and editing capabilities, although quality does count, it's not about how expensive your gear is.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
I think all sponsor prizes should be up for people to win in the finals, not the rounds.

The rounds are nowhere near as important as the finals (of course, the finals aren't important either) but to get prizes for every round would be very hard.

Perhaps we could dig up some sponsors from various companies for people to win?

Also - the finals. Is there going to be an intermediate group as well as an advanced group? This would mean the less experienced people could win prizes, but we would have to be really careful with sandbaggers...

Oh and the website is looking sick, should have it looking good by this avo.
I believe there are two groups for the finals, which are exactly the same as the rounds, Beginner and Advanced.
There will be no sand bagging as Mitch, Maurice and Kane split the entrants up and put them into advanced or begginer...

Mitch.Pierias

Likes Dirt
Do you get marked down on quality? Eg resolution coz my point and shoot isn't to good for quality. :eek:
No you don't, camera phone to 35mm cinema cameras all marked the same.

I believe there are two groups for the finals, which are exactly the same as the rounds, Beginner and Advanced.
There will be no sand bagging as Mitch, Maurice and Kane split the entrants up and put them into advanced or begginer...
Yes and we also keep an eye on entrants to make sure they are not producing advanced videos in the beginner category.

Last edited:

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
Sorry to ask a silly question and i may have just missed something

What is sandbagging?

Wow that website is so good, makes me feel special to be a part of this comp :D

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
Ahh ok....i like no sandbagging

My feelings get hurt easy :rolleyes:

EDIT: Hmm too good hey, good idea whichever is correct