Ves 2014...

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks to all the competitors for making the race so successful. Vibe was very happy and relaxed through transition. Some magnificent racing and guys and gals there to just enjoy the sport. Top job. (I wonder if the guy in the Sufferfest jersey can speak yet? He was truly spent after that last lap)

All up Maffra Secondary College raised over $1000 for 'The Beloved School' in Vietnam. They were blown away by the generosity of everyone. Thank you again.

A big shout out to Lenny our trophy maker (although he doesn't own a computer so won't be reading this) but he managed to finish some trophies despite a close family member passing earlier last week. How he managed to get any done is a true testament to the man and his love of mountain biking.

Photos should be posted soon so I'll let you know.

Cheers
Adam
Glad your event went well Adam. Lenny's trophies are legendary. Kudos (and condolences) to him.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Next round at Officer is only two weeks away! Sunday 10th August.

And that should give everyone just enough time to mend bodies and bikes!

We've done a lot of track improvements at the GWS Anderson Scout camp at Officer over the past few years, and this year, we've altered the course and added some berms to give a nice downhill blast to the finish, giving everyone a smile that will last.

Entries are open here.

Last edited:

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Hey Steve,
Is the course available to ride or only open on the day of the event?
Hoping to sneak a ride in this coming Saturday (never ridden at this venue before).

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's a little complicated Art. Being private property, there's liability issues (we're working with the Scout Camp to come up with an amicable solution), but we've been told that if anyone wants to ride, they need to ring the phone number on the gate (I don't know it off hand) and just ask for permission. Shouldn't really be a problem. If no-one answers, just lift your bike over the gate and go for it.

The course isn't marked yet, but it's only a small area and difficult to get lost. The trails are everywhere. Strava has them all marked. The gates to access the Beaconsfield Nature Reserve section of the race course aren't open except for the weekend of the race.

kooga

Likes Bikes
Date for Mt Lofty

Hey,
Considering entering the last event at Mt Lofty, but just waiting confirmation of the date, as on the entry site it says Sunday 3rd, while you say 10th is this thread.
Cheers

akashra

Eats Squid
Hey,
Considering entering the last event at Mt Lofty, but just waiting confirmation of the date, as on the entry site it says Sunday 3rd, while you say 10th is this thread.
Cheers
Mt Lofty is this Sunday, the 3rd. It was originally scheduled for the 10th and then the VES event got dumped on top of it, so we figured we'd just move it.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Some of the guys saw the footage from the quad copter/drone thing that was buzzing around and said it looks awesome, especially the from the trig. I'll see if it can be posted on YouTube to pass on.

Hope this weekend goes well Steve. Family committments keep me away but hopefully will make Jubberland!!
Thanks Adam. Family stuff stopping me from riding as much as I'd like to as well. Jubberland will be awesome! Spewin' I've gotta work.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some of the guys saw the footage from the quad copter/drone thing that was buzzing around and said it looks awesome, especially the from the trig. I'll see if it can be posted on YouTube to pass on.
That drone was buzzing overhead while I was trying to water a tree ;)

Looking forward to the footage!