Video makers 'post here'

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Thanks, Don't know if I am going to have them stransperent now but it will be good to test. Are people getting rights audio wise for there lifecycles music? Is it ilegal not to have the bands permission? is there any kind of disclaimer or somthing I should use?

thanks
They didn't mention anythign abotu audio, just that it has to have their footage and those logos in it.

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
But with normal videos arn't you supposed to have the music people's permission?
By law yes, however, many people do not get permission to use music, as this task is generally a huge pain, particularly when companies are asking for huge sums of money and the video will only be seen my a small audience.

Non the less, when producing a DVD for example all music pretty much must have permission to be used.

I never get people's permission.
I'm feeling you Ty, They don't make it easy.

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
Haha true. I am very angry at the moment and seeking some much needed help. I am using sony vegas movie studio platinium edition and have just finished my life cycles edit after it screwing up a number of times. Now I go to render my hard work and it gets a few seconds in and says 'An error accoured while creating the media file ..... The reason for the error could not be determined.'
HELP PLEASE BEFORE THE COMPUTER GOES OUT THE WINDOW.

thanks

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Haha true. I am very angry at the moment and seeking some much needed help. I am using sony vegas movie studio platinium edition and have just finished my life cycles edit after it screwing up a number of times. Now I go to render my hard work and it gets a few seconds in and says 'An error accoured while creating the media file ..... The reason for the error could not be determined.'
HELP PLEASE BEFORE THE COMPUTER GOES OUT THE WINDOW.

thanks
What are you trying to export as currently?

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
No luck just more anger. It didn't have the same rpoblem as last time though. I out in some settings, couldnt find the codec is there another term for that? But the settings were 1280x720 25fps and 5mbps. Started rendering fine. (in vegas when rendering shows progression on timeline of where it is up to in the preview box) then it hit 19% done and that box went black. However the countdown did not change just kept going. Now nothing is happpening.. its frozen but the elapsed time is till going. HELP PLEASE, computer is on the window sill.

Thanks

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Ok guys, this is mainly aimed at wertmewert, a thread that I regularly contribute to and keep update with is the AVG ( Am Videographer Thread) on Pinkbike.

If you need to know anythign about video making, post up here:
http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=86595

P.S. there's this one guy called "ShastaOutdoorMedia" that we all give shit because he's a stupid American that talks shit and his vids suck... haha
Just though I'd let you know so it doesn't seem out of context when we give him shit.

Mitch.Pierias

Likes Dirt
But the settings were 1280x720 25fps and 5mbps.
Hold up! check the properties of the footage you are working with before you start exporting.
The files you were given for the contest are; 640×360px, h.264, sRGB, 16x9, 1.4 to 1.5mb/sec and 24fps.

So effectively what you are telling vegas to do is to effectively produce an out of sync result or to construct a new frame from somewhere and make up data that never existed.

Rendering/exporting with the correct settings will take allot of stress of your machine.
Good luck.

Mitch.

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very broad question but what are peoples opinions on the Canon t2i (550d), 7d or the newly released 60d which is suppose to be right in the middle of the two. I'm currently looking for a new camera and the only thing that is stopping me from getting the t2i is the plastic/small body and lack of weatherproofing. What would be the advantage from a video makers perspective of getting the 7d over the 60d? The only advantage I can see is that the 7d is has a larger body so it might be easier to control hand held shots.

Very broad but this could be interesting.

For the lazy people here are a few links for the new 60d:
- http://dpreview.com/previews/canoneos60d/
- http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/08/canon-60d-impressions-the-perfect-video-dslr-keeps-getting-closer/
- http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/26/canon-eos-60d-18-megapixels-and-1080p-video-flexes-its-articula/

It's also on the Canon website...

jimmy irwin

Likes Dirt
P.S. there's this one guy called "ShastaOutdoorMedia" that we all give shit because he's a stupid American that talks shit and his vids suck... haha
haha, stupid americans :p

In response to nick i've been thinking the same thing having recently seen the release of the Canon 60d. To be honest i don't see why someone would go for the 7d over the 60d as there is little difference between the two. Sure you will see some differences which people will probably argue over but overall it has the same video qualities as the 7d. I've been looking around for a camera aswell, even though i won't be getting another one till early next year i found that i wanted something a bit better than the 550d, but not as expensive as the 7d, as i am poor and spend all my money on bicycles :p I was pretty stoked once i saw this. One thing i haven't seen yet is a retail price... i'm guessing it would b mid 2000's for body and kens kit?

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Callum Swift's movie Made doesn't have any rights to music and is being sold world wide on Chain Reaction Cycles...
Recording companies should be happy that they are getting exposure, lousey pricks.
What if somebody took your video and used it to promote their music, exploiting you?

I'd be (and have been) very annoyed if people used my photos for their own promotion without asking me first...

Kezza dawG

Likes Dirt
ok so since i am not goin through this whole thread im just goin to ask here.

i bought this camera last week http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/prod3001.htm

i have a iMac which claims to work with everything.
the camera films in .mts files.
i cant watch the raw footage with vlc. media player but cant edit it.
i have final cut pro that i got off a torrent site, thinking that it would work with out needing a converter.
when i happy with using iMovie (much simpler).
and it still tells me i cant use this file.
i have tried to find a million converters. i can get trial ones that only convert small clips or leave a watermark.
they dont mention it but it lowers the quality of the vid alot as well.
now i have found one that is $50 but what guarantee is there that it wont lower the quality as the trial did.

the bottom line is:
i need a converter to use this type of file. and id rather find one on a torrent site...

this is making me epic rage as i dont think that i should have to pay more for a converter wen i buy a $800 camera. seems a bit backwards to me.