Video makers 'post here'

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
Looks way interesting, any test footy?
Well, Kane lost his tripod a while back (derp), so a new one is just on the way from eBay as of today. Should arrive before the coming weekend I hope, if so we'll go out film.

Also, just bought a 550D, so Imma learn how to do cool filmz and shit now too.
Only issue is that it says "KISS X4" on it since it's the jappo model (different name for the jap market), so I'll have to perma-texta that out once the post-man brings it.

Last edited:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
What if somebody took your video and used it to promote their music, exploiting you?

I'd be (and have been) very annoyed if people used my photos for their own promotion without asking me first...
I'm not really trying to promote the music, or the artists, that is not my intention.
Obviously if people like the track listing, they will hopefuly buy into the artists music (not download it) and all that does is get the artists more profits.

On another topic, Kane's dolly looks a bit too hefty, I wouldn't like to cart that up and down a track.

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
On another topic, Kane's dolly looks a bit too hefty, I wouldn't like to cart that up and down a track.
You'd be surprised, the rails are extremely light. The actual board is a bit heavy, but with the cut-outs should make it much easier to manage.

Definitely wouldn't want to carry it around all day with just one person though.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
I'm not really trying to promote the music, or the artists, that is not my intention.
Obviously if people like the track listing, they will hopefuly buy into the artists music (not download it) and all that does is get the artists more profits.
That's not what I meant...

Urgh, not going to bother...

Mitch.Pierias

Likes Dirt
Read what Callan actually wrote.

i need a converter to use this type of file. and id rather find one on a torrent site...

this is making me epic rage as i dont think that i should have to pay more for a converter wen i buy a $800 camera. seems a bit backwards to me.
First of all it sounds like because you paid $800 for a camera that everything else should come to you on a platter. You got a lot to learn.

Can't be F**ked giving you some reasons as to why the AVCHD format is not supported, some alternative options or why your $800 camcorder doesn't make it's own movies so just go and torrent yourself Premiere Pro CS5.

Kezza dawG

Likes Dirt
First of all it sounds like because you paid $800 for a camera that everything else should come to you on a platter. You got a lot to learn.

Can't be F**ked giving you some reasons as to why the AVCHD format is not supported, some alternative options or why your $800 camcorder doesn't make it's own movies so just go and torrent yourself Premiere Pro CS5.
i just assumed it would work. i guess not.
i was aware of the fact that i might have to fuck around a bit but its being a real kent to find anything, and if you dont wana help why bother comment.
goes to show how great ppl are on this shithole most of the time. sometimes i dont know why i bother...
thanks!

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
i just assumed it would work. i guess not.
i was aware of the fact that i might have to fuck around a bit but its being a real kent to find anything, and if you dont wana help why bother comment.
goes to show how great ppl are on this shithole most of the time. sometimes i dont know why i bother...
thanks!
Hey Kezza.
I have a convertor on my other computor, I will see if it will copy onto a usb, and give to Alex Bezzina. Just pm ill go into more detail about it.
cheers

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
Hey guys.
Haven't posted here in a while and I kinda need a little help.
Yes I'm still using windows movie maker. I need to know if the new windows movie maker has slow mo, cause I have searched and searched and come up with nothing.
Can some one help me.
Cheers

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
what programs do use use to edit film?
and what angles etc. do you look for when filming lets say a jump?
A lot of factors go into both questions you asked.
Luke I'm fiar sure you're in my year, or year 8.
When you get one of those school laptops, they come with a pretty good editing software called Adobe Premier Elements 8, I can teach you how to get the program files and put them onto another compter, as the program runs REALLY shit on the laptops.
It's fairly average, but can still accomplish some very advanced tasks.

As for angles, that can depend a lot on lighting, direction of the track, what you are trying to achieve (show size, show angle, show style eg whip or scrub). Just try and see what works for you I suppose.

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
Oh gluey your setup is so good! Bushman mechanic from way back!

Although I haven't started building the boom I have designed I rekon it would look similar. Think you have just given me an idea for pan and tilt though! Previous designs only allow one or the other.

Did you come home with ideas to better your design? Or was it functional enough to add to the equipment list?

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gluey are you using a 7D? If so what lenses do you have and would you recommend them for riding+lifestyle shots?