W.A. riders

shenanigans

Likes Dirt
OK so western australias presence concerning mates riding on farkin is pretty lame, hopefully with something like this riders all over the place will be able to chat about riding spots and hook up for rides as is described by a 'watering hole' thread.

with the demise of minus 6, and pretty piss poor effort on sites like perthmtb and wafreeride for organising rides, maybe we'll get a better response on farkin, it may work, it may not, maybe its just us:rolleyes:

so if your a west oz rider speak up! let us know what terrain you ride, where you ride (secrets kept secret obviously) and who you ride with. you may be surprised to find out some riders near you are keen to meet new people without getting too Dr. Phil.

post pics if you want of local stuff, whatever, hopefully we'll become a bigger happier family with the advantages of the fangled internet.

other states watering hole threads are chokkas with stuff, so maybe youve all just been waiting for something like this?

websites on this side of town are too full of whingeing crap, moaning about the newest parts and how crap your bikes are, 99% of it is people trying to sell stuff without enough actual riding going on, some of you are forgetting what mountain biking really is... snaking skateboarders and making arses of ourselves!:D

Last edited:

Bike_Breaker

Likes Dirt
hey man, well said!

i mainly ride the local skatepark and streets as i dont have my licence yet so i cant just get up and drive to any of our local tracks. There are a few good tracks around i like to hit when i get a chance! Pile Rd (Mt leonard) is a pretty good track with some twisty single track, fast downhill and a few jumps at the bottom, well worth a go if u are ever down bunbury way!

anyway, if anyone wants to get a few riders 2gether for a ride at welly mills or maybe some sk8ies and street spots in perth just giv me a yell cos im really keen to have a ride with a few talented people, i might learn sumthing!

cheers

P.S, i know there are alot of perth riders on here so POST SOMETHING

shenanigans

Likes Dirt
thats good, sweet as.
when i was down at welli mills last weekend for the state round, damon said thyeve recieved a 10,000 dollar grant for trail development and will be recieving another 100,000 dollars towards it later on!
with the logging of parts of dwellingup maybe welli mills will become the new place to go for pure downhill trails? its a great location, good soil, thick forest and its out of the way of people that might winge:D
i personally cant wait, its great that SWMTB are recieving so much money and have support from the local government to develop mountain biking facilities.

i'll get the ball rolling, did anyone go to the goatfarm today? there were a few things on, the club race (how did that go?) the busy bee for the new dh trail as well as regulars up there riding as usual, should have been good.

also does anyone know about super dirtjump trails in collie?
im not asking for directions of anything, just if anyones been there, what there like and maybe some pics? ive been hearing a bit about them lately...

nizai

Likes Dirt
i'll get the ball rolling, did anyone go to the goatfarm today? there were a few things on, the club race (how did that go?) the busy bee for the new dh trail as well as regulars up there riding as usual, should have been good.
I was up at the Goatfarm helping build the second line from the top of the hill. Its looking awesome so far. We got all of the first set of berms groomed up, just needs a bit of riding in and a bit of rain I guess :)

I think there will be more work up at the Goatfarm in the coming weekends so it'd be nice to see more people helping out. Rock garden is next up.

Im always up there having a ball on the Reign. When im not out at Langford doing the hard slog :)

Was nice to meet some of the Perth MTB club peepz too.

N

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think a lot of WA riders that actually ride are club members and the old grapevine works better for hooking up for rides......just go to any of the main shops supporting DH and you'll find that someones riding nearly every weekend...
For instance, guys from the PEEL club (like Buckit and Mullet Woman -Fiona and friends) ride nearly every weekend - and ride the goat farm quite a bit....
And as for the Peel club event on Sunday just gone, yeah it was fun, but they cut out a few berms in the Snake Run to try to make it a bit more DH......and the creek drop near the end got me on my second run....
I dont think anyone put in 100% as we all had to push up (bitchin), and its so damn pedally! I was worn out after my second practice.....

Nathan1

Squid
W.A Riders

Hey Guys and Girls,
My wife and I only recently moved to Bullsbrook and I don't know much about the riding scene around the area but I have been to the goat farm a few times it's quite fun,I'm more into downhill. It would be great to hook up with some people for a ride and to find out about other places to ride around the place.I'm free on most weekends so if anyone is looking for someone to ride with give me a P.M and we can sort something out.
Cheers Nathan

Bike_Breaker

Likes Dirt
hey all

What is the goat farm? this might be stupid but i dont get out of town much to ride any of the trails, only my local one out at Mt leonard, if anyone is organising a ride let me know cos im really keen to catch up with some fellow riders!

cozwa

Likes Dirt

yes if you like dwelly, especially the tom's track side i would get in there now. As soon as its dry enough and calm gives the ok they will be in there logging and that hill's number is up this summer. Might be lucky enough for murray valley to survive another year but its not looking to promising. Dont worry we have ear marked some new area's and are just waiting for approvall.Good to see swmtbc havin some joy down there such a great place to ride aswell. yeh as for us PEEL clowns we are out havin a roll almost every weekend but we try to keep it purely downhill coz that's how we like it......

skinner

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Im always up for a ride....once i get my steed fully functional anway.

I've only just moved to WA too so im looking to find some good spots, i live down at secret harbour (near mandurah) but moving to perth soon, (can't stand the drive to perth everyday for work)

Into the single track/AM/bit of downhill aswell so PM if you are in the area and want to catch up for a ride.

cheers

Ben

MTBWANNABE

Banned
eh figured i'd keep this a live a bit :)

I'm also up for the ride of things.. i hardly get on ye olde' bike anymore :p

So i'm here too darcy..

If anythings organised - count me in :D

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yo kev,

apparent skatepark ride with Drew and other around Manning guys. dunno if its limited to bmxers, but ask him....or taylor

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
WA Freeride seems to be just street/park in the last while, no offroad stuff. Would anyone be up for a regular Mundaring/Gunjin/Goatfarm/Canning Mills ride? I'm up for some mid-week rides & wouldn't mind a riding buddy.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Useless Crew are pretty active down in Rockingham.
Check us out at www.myspace.com/rocktownmtb
The majority of us are on singlespeed hardtails, with a few geared riders and a duallie or two, we wear skinny legs, listen to punk and drink rum.
We ride reguarly, and do a reasonable amount of digging and lobbying also.
We Ride Everything:
- Street (Our most common territory)
- Park (Badly)
- Dirtjumps
- BMX Tracks
- Freeride (Our Freeride Trail, Jarrahdale etc.)
- Downhill (On singlespeed, single geared hardtails running street tyres...)
If anyones down this way, or wants to come down for a ride, get in contact with me through a PM , myspace or email (Paddlepoplion@Gmail.com), and come out for a ride.
Rex

shenanigans

Likes Dirt
good to see some interest, and now whos going to the state champs??

should be awesome, little caesars pizza tent, little creatures beer tent with tv to watch bathurst, test ride demo bikes, the whole lot.
having xc and dh on the same day will be awesome, and with the goatfarm being so close to perth, huge turnout is expected.

tinto

Likes Dirt
good to see some interest, and now whos going to the state champs??
I'll be there (not racing). Sounds like it will be an awesome day - at very least it will be the most 'organised' MTB event I've been to. Really curious about what has been going down at the Goatfarm too.

MTB, Beer, & Pizza = the condensed meaning of life. The excuses you can make up for not being there are lame and meaningless.

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey justin, well as you know i used to be a dead keen bush man each weekend but now im down in old albany town, so yeah thats where i am.