W.A. riders

The Paperboy

Likes Dirt
Hey boys,

Good work Shenanigans. This was most definately overdue.

Well as most of you know i'm in Newman with some pretty sick natural terrain up here(just hard as hell to dig). Yet I do a few trips to Perth from time to time so I'll let you guys know when i'm coming down, hopefully on the new ride(shhh Shenanigans secret remember).

Should be good to put some names to faces(for the WAfreeride guys)

Remember ride hard, party harder..:D

dava1234

Banned
WA Freeride seems to be just street/park in the last while, no offroad stuff. Would anyone be up for a regular Mundaring/Gunjin/Goatfarm/Canning Mills ride? I'm up for some mid-week rides & wouldn't mind a riding buddy.
if you ride canning mills during the week you may see me or joel cutting down the track or other locals, if there are any :) but i am up there at least twice during the week

Bike_Breaker

Likes Dirt
Langford Park

Hey Guys, i have just finished a week long ride along a section of the munda biddi track and as part of that we rode around the langford park 12 hour course! im just wondering if anyone is going to or has any information about the 12 hour race coming up soon. Myself and a couple of mates are looking at entering just as a bit of fun but we are not sure what the regulations and stuff are!

Cheers

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
and if you read this thebofh, any updates with kelmscott dj's?
The project was passed onto the recreation dept & the man in charge put the brakes on it for reasons of his own.

I've been in touch with him & he said he was going to try to put the proposal to council this month but wasn't 100% certain. Interpret that as you may :(

However, it has the support of the parks dept & the community services dept, it costs practically nothing to do & the land is already zoned for the activity & covered for liability, it just has to survive the internal politics of the City of Armadale.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im probably racing the 12hr.
Singlespeed. Rear brake only. Street tyres. Drunk.
Plan is to go slowly uphill, beat the elite men down and have fun.
Details: www.perthmtb.com
For all Perth riders: Theres an active crew in Rockingham...
Contact me if you want to hook up for a ride...

Hobzai

Likes Bikes
Just adding my bit on the original post. I try and get up to the Goatfarm at least once a weekend for a DH ride, usually early morning til midday. I'm not hard to spot when out riding - I have a full polish DH Comp (the Commodore of the downhill set). I don't race, so I don't know many people in the sport locally. Happy to make an arse of myself, not afraid to dig.

Keen to meet up with DH people - my downhilling buddy just started renovating his house so he's out of circulation. Boo hiss. See you all on a trail sometime.

Bike_Breaker

Likes Dirt
hey Rexy, im keen to make the trip up to mandurah for a street session if there is one going on, just let me know otherwise ill try and catch up with ya at the 12 hour

Bike_Breaker

Likes Dirt
Well exams are coming up soon, so after the hard yards of thats its 11 weeks of riding, so i thinks its time for a road trip. im just trying to get ideas of different places that are worth cheking out, i know there are a heap of nice sk8 parks up north of perth but i want to go ride some seriously nice terain. any ideas?

cheers

::RideSiK::

Pro Rider
Well exams are coming up soon, so after the hard yards of thats its 11 weeks of riding, so i thinks its time for a road trip. im just trying to get ideas of different places that are worth cheking out, i know there are a heap of nice sk8 parks up north of perth but i want to go ride some seriously nice terain. any ideas?

cheers
best skatepark is but an hour south of you in margeret river...

Bike_Breaker

Likes Dirt
yeh i have heard of a couple of decent parks down that way, apparently there are some nice freeride runs in albany and esperance, has anone ridden these tracks? are they worth the trip?

::RideSiK::

Pro Rider
yeh i have heard of a couple of decent parks down that way, apparently there are some nice freeride runs in albany and esperance, has anone ridden these tracks? are they worth the trip?

albany goes orrite yeah, esperence had some fun stuff a year ago when i was in the area,...

timmy84

Likes Bikes
hey guys, i was just in perth looking to get work and hopefully move over. well i got a job and im probs heading over in feb. i don't know the area at all and i was wondering where you all ride??? im mainly into down hill.cheers

finny_447

Likes Dirt
Hey dudes
I live in kalgoorlie and generally ride and build every weekend we do have a few riders up here but the fact is everyone thinks it is completly flat so no ones interested. But we got some decent trails and hills so hopefully the riding community will grow a bit more in a few years. we mostly have freeride/downhill stuff. If anyone is up here and are looking to ride a bit. just send us a pm and we will show you some of our tracks.

Last edited:

shenanigans

Likes Dirt
hey were getting a bit of interest this is good.
im riding as much as i can but with work and tafe not as much as usual, when tafe is over ill be riding more, should have my p's by then yay.
ill be all over cockburning bmx track for a while now, i went there today and have a renewed vigour for the place.
anyone interested in racing some bmx? the usual tracks like the above, southside, medina, westside and hills, good for fitness and easier than going bush, get nice and buff for next season of dh.
http://www.wafreeride.com/viewtopic.php?p=17160#17160
bit of talk on there^^. if anyone knows when the respective tracks race could you please post up, aswell as anyone who generally knows whats going on at each track thad be great, cant wait to be able to drive up and race in the arvo after work (light till 9:00pm bitches:D) during summer.

i just heard from paul neve that the 4x season will be in full swing next year, that is well good.

is the kalgoorlie riders tk site still up finny? did you get to the bmx state champs?

keep it coming guys.

Patrick88

Likes Bikes
hey,
I live in Roleystone (in the hills) and i mainly make my own stuff, from north shore to jumps and rythems, to drops and gaps.
I am in the process of getting my new bike 06 Giant Faith 1 in about 14 days now:D
I plan to start racing, i think i have what it takes:eek: haha
Can anyone give me some help on clubs and were to go for racing and the details?

Cheers Pat

deon

Likes Bikes
hey patrick. racing starts around april, so keep an eye out for a calender around that time on perthmtb.com or pdmbc.com. club rounds would be a great place to start but state rounds are awesome as well. hope that helps. ahh and i hope ya enjoy your new giant!:D cheers. Deon.