What are the most underrated and most overrated things in mountain biking?

Minlak

custom titis
Underrated:
*Being slow - a lazy pedal to take in the scenery and not feel fucked at the end.
*My love for Dales Cannon - needs no explanation.

Overrated:
*Strava Segement Maker - Seriously half the trails you ride you have no fucking idea where you just rode if you read the segement names. You also don’t fucking need seven segements for a km long trail.
*Eating a bag of dicks - Sure one or two is always enjoyable maybe even a handful but not a whole bag and certainly not in one sitting.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
1. It shows you up as a fascist bullyboy.

2. You're just pissy pants because I called your hypocracy... hypocricy... hypocriticalityness.

3. I got nothing else...

Do it. "Long dick of irony" is a fitting description of one of my traits. I'll wear it like a badge of honour!
Yeah, so if you want to gripe about the way mods act and how they are fascists and stuff, I’m your guy because I’ll give you the best example of that when I shut you down as a whiney infantile bitch.

Open all hours :)

safreek

While I like the image of slapping someone across the face with a long dick of irony, the e-Bike issue was a bit more nuanced than that.

Nobody has to agree and a bit of banter is fine.

It's multiple account holders stirring up shit that turned that particular pendulum.
What did I miss

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Uncle Grumpy, you make approximately one post every three weeks on average. You contribute two fifths of fuck all, on this account anyway, you cheat in the trivia thread (I knew it and others PMd me with evidence as well) and you want to give us a hard time for trying to play nice and provide a place for people who like e-bikes.

So, we're fascists? Great, allow me not to disappoint you on that.

Last edited:

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Under:

26"
Fatbikes
Gears
Having less braking force than a Moto GP bike
not keeping up with the cool kids
inner tubes

Over:

tubeless
roadies
anything relating to Canberra
Glenrock
Sram and all of its sub standard products

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Uncle Grumpy, you make approximately one post every three weeks on average. You contribute two fifths of fuck all, on this account anyway, you cheat in the trivia thread (I knew it and others PMd me with evidence as well) and you want to give us a hard time for trying to play nice and provide a place for people who like e-bikes.

So, we're fascists? Great, allow me not to disappoint you on that.
HE FUCKEN WHAT IN THE TRIVIA THREAD?

bring back the johnny of old in school holiday times! Swing that ban schtick

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Uncle knows a lot about nothing hence trivia is something that fits in well.

He's been on mtbr for some time also and other online bike places long forgotten.

He is actually a real person and I've rode behind him many a time - note to all, riding behind in full view of the southern end is not something you get used to easily.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Uncle knows a lot about nothing hence trivia is something that fits in well.

He's been on mtbr for some time also and other online bike places long forgotten.

He is actually a real person and I've rode behind him many a time - note to all, riding behind in full view of the southern end is not something you get used to easily.

The South end of a happy North bound cat?

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
overrated: reverbs, sram - seems like it's stock on eeevvvveeerrrryyyy new bike.
underrated: unique suspension designs. Most duallies look like slight variations on 2 themes now that I dont know how people justify the extra for boutique brands.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The South end of a happy North bound cat?
Not that sort of south end.

Biking is a bit odd in that you can see someone's butt as much as their face depending if you are up front or sandbagging it and just riding along.