What are you listening to NOW?

LPG

likes thicc birds
I've got a live set from the 80's that I liaten to every once in a while and on between the songs there is a bit of banter and jokes about Keith Richards being alive. 30 years on and he's still here.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Pixies are in my top two best gigs I’ve seen.
No crowd pleasers, just a “hello, we’re the pixies” followed by an hour of amazing.

If they ever come back Mr. Pancreas you do whatever is neccessary to make it

Pixies are in my top two best gigs I’ve seen.
No crowd pleasers, just a “hello, we’re the pixies” followed by an hour of amazing.

If they ever come back Mr. Pancreas you do whatever is neccessary to make it
damn straight, love to see (to paraphrase David Bowie) the screaming mound of flesh

Jpez

Down on the left!
Iggy and the stooges is my biggest regret not seeing.
I had free tix to see the Pixies at the Northcote social club a few years back. Went along even though I’m not a fan. Felt guilty as I knew heaps of people that would have traded their left testicle to be there.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Iggy and the stooges is my biggest regret not seeing.
I had free tix to see the Pixies at the Northcote social club a few years back. Went along even though I’m not a fan. Felt guilty as I knew heaps of people that would have traded their left testicle to be there.
That would be me.

We heard a rumour about that secret gig at the last minute & as we live not far away bolted up there. Of course we couldn't get in, but we sat in the front bar & heard a bit. I remember people trying to climb over the front bar to get into the band room which joins from the back of each bar.

Saw them a couple days later at the Music Bowl which was fun but I'd rather see a band in front of 200 people than 10000.

You must know some well connected people to have got in to that one @Jpez

Freediver

I can go full Karen
They were listed in the gig guide as Debaser for that one, I saw it and knew they were touring but I didn't click. Still kicking myself over that .
The only unannounced gig like that I've ever managed to get to was Mudhoney at the MCG hotel.

Jpez

Down on the left!
They were listed in the gig guide as Debaser for that one, I saw it and knew they were touring but I didn't click. Still kicking myself over that .
The only unannounced gig like that I've ever managed to get to was Mudhoney at the MCG hotel.
That was the one the Seminal Rats played I think. My 18th. Birthday and the Rats played Alice’s I’m 18. Still seared into my memory. Mudhoney did some killer shows here inAustralia.
That would be me.

We heard a rumour about that secret gig at the last minute & as we live not far away bolted up there. Of course we couldn't get in, but we sat in the front bar & heard a bit. I remember people trying to climb over the front bar to get into the band room which joins from the back of each bar.

Saw them a couple days later at the Music Bowl which was fun but I'd rather see a band in front of 200 people than 10000.

You must know some well connected people to have got in to that one @Jpez
Not really. Been around the music scene since a young bloke. From memory we got on the door because a friend of ours were supporting them. Either Ripe or Moondriven. Can’t remember.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Always good fun if you can get on to them.

I lived in Syd for a couple of years around the mid 90s & the Annandale used to do quite a few, I would stare at the gigs on there & try to make some odd connection.

Last one I went to was You Am I at the Tote about 5 years ago. I was working in a cafe in the city & 1 of the chefs had been in several bands & got wind of it. They played all covers, absurd stuff like Interstellar Overdrive/ Floyd & it gave me a whole new appreciation for their skills after hearing year upon year of fluffy guitar pop out of them. Awesome night, I remember standing around in the beer garden with Frank realising it was after 3 on a Wed night, pwith a 6.30 start. I made it in but was useless, he rocked up around 10 & was marched out the door.

Last edited: