What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Awww, damn. There was someone parked right near to me with noticeably green DVOish forks which seems very @Oddjob in hindsight.

Any snake sightings for you?
Yep that was me. What bike were you on?

I thought I ran over a snake and it flicked up and clipped my knee at multi choice, but it was probably my knee scraping my dangling camelbak hose.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yep that was me. What bike were you on?
Oh, bummer. I was parked a few car spots away. I must have been coming back probably when you were getting going since I remember the green forks on the rack. I was on the now vintage TRc. Geee, we have to line these things up better, oh well.........

I thought I ran over a snake and it flicked up and clipped my knee at multi choice, but it was probably my knee scraping my dangling camelbak hose.
Snakeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!! I have seen one under the little rock ledgy bit at the start. Multiple Choice is the best bit there IMHO.
Anyhow, was a bit of grinder there for me today.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I saw a little brown sucker climbing up "snakes and ladders" in Glenrock yesterday.
I've seen more in the past few days than I have a long time. Thye are going to have a cracker of a season.

On a WDYDFYBT subject, I serviced my Durolux again and installed the air spring and R2C2 damper again. Such a nice fork to work on, might give it another whirl on the Nicolai this time.
They are fork pr0n. Love to have those on the front one day.

Reactions: Zaf

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I saw a little brown sucker climbing up "snakes and ladders" in Glenrock yesterday.

On a WDYDFYBT subject, I serviced my Durolux again and installed the air spring and R2C2 damper again. Such a nice fork to work on, might give it another whirl on the Nicolai this time.
Is that going back to air from the coil spring setup you had in it? Or was that the other bike?

wkkie

Yeah, pulled the coil out of it and the CR Conception open bath damper and put in the R2C2 and the air piston.
The coil kit didnt mark the inside of the stanchion tube either, air is working fine. Im thinking ill stretch it to 170mm and then it can be my bruiser fork. The steerer is a bit shorter than I'd like for the Nicolai, but nothing unusable, and the extra length wouldnt hurt with keeping cockpit similar.
Nice. Just out of curiosity, what are you going to be doing with those??

wkkie

Undecided, I am still thinking it all over. Had a sore neck thats been uncomfortable in extension, so just been doing some little fiddly stuff like this for the sake.

Im nervous to put the durolux on the bike in case i really love it... And spent $1600 on a Formula Selva while it was sitting in my shed all along.
No worries. Drop me a line if you think about selling it!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Im nervous to put the durolux on the bike in case i really love it... And spent $1600 on a Formula Selva while it was sitting in my shed all along.
Avalanche Super Yari...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Put in the new Uber bike brake pads @northvanguy sent me. Gave them a test run at O'hallorans. Man they got some stopping power.

Absolutely shit all over the finned Shimmy resin front, and Nukeproof whatever it was rear, that I pulled out.

I don't have much experience with different brake pads and their relative merits, but after bedding in, and blazing down at my local, these get from me.

Uber20 sale on now for those interested.... and you get a double discount when you select 4 sets of pads.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
What I did with my bike over the last ten days.......

Drove it 650-odd kilometres to a Make a Difference Camp at Portsea. I spent three days touring Point Nepean National Park showing groups of 13-16 year olds around the Quarantine Station. Some of the more adventurous kids made it all the way out to the point. It was about 4km from Camp to the Bike shed, so every trip was a race between the bus and I. 50/50 win/loss on that one. The kids loved it, shouting "encouragement" at me out the windows......

We crossed the Bolte bridge on the way down, pointing out to the kids all the cranes that transferred the containers from the ships to the trains that pass our house. Then all week we watched the container ships make their way up Port Philip Bay. My kids loved it.

Giant Swing in the foreground, Queenscliff ferry in the background.

Forts and guns everywhere.

This weird lumpy wet stuff.

Looked for Harold, couldn't find him.

The Point is one of those places I've wanted to visit, but it's not exactly on the way to anywhere so I thought I'd never get here.

Police Point looking back towards Portsea

An I'll fated trip to London Bridge (it's behind me)

No kids had joined me for the last bike session of camp. So I decided to use the time to pack up the bike shed, stopping at the look out on the way. 200m short I've picked up a nail in the rear tyre. The hole in the tread sealed, but the exit hole in the sidewall wouldn't. Plus, in the to and fro a Di2 plug had wiggled off, so I rolled down hills on 5 psi, and crawled up the hills slower than the kids were riding them.

Best. Camp. Ever.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Trav's is the one that's rocks rocks rocks from top to bottom, with a couple of sweeping wooden berms. Lots of fun!
Ahh... Cool.
Does it have quite a few wooden board features?... And fast small/medium rock step-downs?

(whatever it's called, I shoulda run it again instead of following the other lads down Turbulence! )

.... still wanna ride You Yangs again sometime

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Binned it at plenty gorge. Got the front wheel off the track onto wet grass on the inside of a corner, fought for 10 meters to get back onto the track but came down like a sack of shit.

The PG build team have made some lovely progress.

Love the black and pink girls Apollo up in the tree.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
What I did with my bike over the last ten days.......

Drove it 650-odd kilometres to a Make a Difference Camp at Portsea.
Great stuff... love it down there. We have McCrae as a camp over summer and always do a ride to Point Nepean riding the foreshore trails or beach as much as possible, re explore the fort ... then a beer and countery at Sorrento on the way back. Awesomerer.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Great stuff... love it down there. We have McCrae as a camp over summer and always do a ride to Point Nepean riding the foreshore trails or beach as much as possible, re explore the fort ... then a beer and countery at Sorrento on the way back. Awesomerer.
There's heaps of history down there. Took eight groups down and found something new each trip