What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Sick. So what will the new HA be?
Head angle is 69.4 degrees standard. It should drop it ~1.8 degrees to 67.6 degrees give or take. The bike was fine in Perth, but moving back home to Hobart the bike (more me) has felt uncomfortable on some of the really steep bits. I'm only doing the noobie part of the Enduro series as I've literally only hit the dirt four times in the last 14 months. Two huge crashes at a training day with an EWS rider meant a lot of time off the bike.

The bars are already quite high, but I've got the higher rise bars as I will slam the stem to get as much reach as I can.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
What bike? 67.6 still seems quite steep, depending on intentions.
Santa Cruz Tallboy LT. I have an NS Surge Evo as well which funnily enough is probably a better bet here in Hobart, so might take that with me as well to Maydena. I do have to top the oil up in its forks though as they sat in storage for over six months and were upside down. When I grabbed the forks to put on the bike they were coated with oil :/

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Snuck in a nice morning ride today to beat the incoming rain...... looks like said rains are now here. Sunday should be sweeeeeet.

Spur of the moment purchase from Facebook marketplace XTR cranks showed up too. Threw them on the hardtail. Saved weight at $1/gram....... yeee hawwww.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
We rode Buxton yesterday. Good fun for sure. The only bummer was just as we were about to start a dude said he’d seen few snakes, so Sue was stressed out for most of the ride.

Today we bumped into a guy who told us about some trails in Eildon... so Eildon it was, not a legit track yet, but a lot of fun for sure. I actually prefer near natural trails, but they are doing a heap of good work to make it more navigatable.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Took my wife and her friend around the lower parts of Stromlo. Wife has done it all before many times and about 4 rides in on the new bike. Saddle isn't working for her, her mate happens to have a Bontrager Evoke, which I also have because it's the most comfy thing I've ever ridden, said it was putting much less pressure forward of her sit bones. At one point she said she'd rather be at work than out riding because of the saddle discomfort. Got a bid on an Evoke on eBay.

Her mate has ridden bike paths on a hybrid for ages and got an mtb because she's going to Alice Springs to mountain bike next year. She's on about her 4th mtb ride ever, 2nd on singletrack, and her at stoke levels were really high after today. We might be going too. If wife can harden her sit bones on a comfy saddle.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
The worst part is my wife asked me if I had the right tools to fit it, I said no so she said just to take it to the bike shop :mad:. I was supposed to take it for a test run tomorrow before next weeks Enduro at Maydena :rolleyes:. I also won't be able to get to the bike shop until Saturday next week...