What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Di2 in Mildura? Did it break from lack of use?
Haha, no, I rushed a fix before I went away. Fuckwit post is on the horizon.

Are you suggesting a 42/11 single speed would be the appropriate gear setup?

@Cardy George that looks like a shitfest, but no hammer at the party ?
42/11 would've been preferable than 26/28 it was stuck in. Di2 gives you no option of manually adjusting. Would've jury rigged a better ratio with a traditional set-up.

No Hammer required, only the screw in side of the BB needed to come out. It's the third time I've done it, I'm getting pretty good.

The frame is being replaced under warranty, the new one arrives next week. It's an amazingly pleasant experience to work on a Stupid Dollar bike and not give a solitary fuck about scratching it :D

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The frame is being replaced under warranty, the new one arrives next week. It's an amazingly pleasant experience to work on a Stupid Dollar bike and not give a solitary fuck about scratching it :D
Why the replacement frame Cardy?

Cardy George

Why the replacement frame Cardy?
Cracked and flaking paint around the seat/top tube junction where the pivot is.

I have a fair idea on how the flouro paint is produced, and by nature it makes paint (and printing ink) fairly brittle.

I had the option to change colour, but it's such a stand out bike I've gone for the same again. It'll be interesting to see if the same thing happens.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So that is just paint and the carbon is ok? Why then is the paint cracking? Something is flexing and the paint is more rigid than the carbon?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Cracked and flaking paint around the seat/top tube junction where the pivot is.

I have a fair idea on how the flouro paint is produced, and by nature it makes paint (and printing ink) fairly brittle.

I had the option to change colour, but it's such a stand out bike I've gone for the same again. It'll be interesting to see if the same thing happens.
Yeah that's a bit ugly. Good they're not stuffing you around and supplying a replacement. Would be interested to see what's behind the paint though!

Cardy George

So that is just paint and the carbon is ok? Why then is the paint cracking? Something is flexing and the paint is more rigid than the carbon?
That's the mounting point of the Isospeed Decoupler. Fancy way of saying the whole seat post is designed to flex, and that's the point where the bolt is mounted to stop the movement. When the limit is exceeded, that's where the remaining forces are focused. I've had a good look at a non-flouro Procaliber and it's paint is fine, although it hasn't done the mileage mine has.
Damn really? You looked so fetching in the orange jersey.
No no, the orange is staying

Cardy George

No. Not yet. It was creaking a few weeks back, but it turned out to just be full of dirt. IF I get to keep it, I might peel a few chips off and have a good look

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Geez, feels like forever since I was on here. Decided to finally fit the OneUp 150mm dropper on the wife's bike. Both planning on teaming up for the Port to Port next year.

Still on the fence about pulling off the duel lockouts simply because of the jumble of cables hanging off the damn thing.

Cardy George

Geez, feels like forever since I was on here. Decided to finally fit the OneUp 150mm dropper on the wife's bike. Both planning on teaming up for the Port to Port next year.

Still on the fence about pulling off the duel lockouts simply because of the jumble of cables hanging off the damn thing.

Took mine off, haven't missed it.