What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
looks to me like we need to start a pump track thread!
Cokeboy has a great setup< some pics on here floating around too
we will be starting ours probably on the other side of summer, good to just ideas for now and collect as many pics of others as I can find

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Great idea! I've been waiting to buy a place with a big enough yard for a pump track. At this stage only planning on a small pump track, although once the missus is on board I can see most of the grassy areas disappearing

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Getting the bike ready for Ignition, I gave the rear wheel some love during the week.

All was good on the first ride, then I took the wheel off a few days after that to change the brake pads and found this mess...

View attachment 357428

The special hub oil you have to put in these things had leaked out everywhere! Just caught it before it hit the braking surface luckily!

Anyway, did some research and found out this is sort of common with some of their seals.

An email to Project 321 with a few details and they're sending me new pawls and updated seals.

Just got a confirmation email that they're in the post already!

Well played Project 321 and Cyclinic! Excellent service!
Those rotors are cactus. Send them over here and I'll dispose of them for you

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Getting the bike ready for Ignition, I gave the rear wheel some love during the week.

All was good on the first ride, then I took the wheel off a few days after that to change the brake pads and found this mess...

View attachment 357428

The special hub oil you have to put in these things had leaked out everywhere! Just caught it before it hit the braking surface luckily!

Anyway, did some research and found out this is sort of common with some of their seals.

An email to Project 321 with a few details and they're sending me new pawls and updated seals.

Just got a confirmation email that they're in the post already!

Well played Project 321 and Cyclinic! Excellent service!
Ditch the oil and use the Dumondetech grease.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Got a box from Germany, meant I could make a start on the SS build

Didn't get much time with it this arvo, but at least it looks more or less like a bike now. Tomorrow should see it ridable, then I can store it in the corner cos there's no way I'm riding this like it needs to be ridden

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Ditch the oil and use the Dumondetech grease.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Apparently warranty void for anything but the oil. But if the new seals don't fix it, I probably will go that way.

How does the Dumondetech grease differ from something like Slickoleum?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Been a lot going on here in the past week.... apart from riding :rolleyes:

As commented on fakebook, look at these pair of bookends !

#1 son "Numbnutts in the green" who broke his collarbone 2 months ago has 'maybe' done it again. #2 son "Numb-bollox in the blue" smashed his about 2 weeks ago.

So #1's doctor read the wrong shit, looked at his previously broken collarbone after being told and having seen the X-Rays from 2 months ago, still diagnosed it as a broken collarbone. The Orthopedic surgeon looked at it 2 days later and noticed a crack line on his shoulder blade... nothing wrong with the collarbone, still healing from the last dickhead crash. Doesn't know if the shoulder blade 'unseparated" fracture was missed from 2 months ago or a new injury... remove the sling and see how it goes, if in pain, come back in 7 days, if not, see-ya later.

FFS... I'm over their bullshit stupid injuries... 16 riding days in Derby/St Helens and 2 in Maydena in 6 weeks time... if you are fit, you're fit... if not, suck it up suicidal princesses !

Dad's been saving his good shit for Tassie.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Been a lot going on here in the past week.... apart from riding :rolleyes:

As commented on fakebook, look at these pair of bookends !

#1 son "Numbnutts in the green" who broke his collarbone 2 months ago has 'maybe' done it again. #2 son "Numb-bollox in the blue" smashed his about 2 weeks ago.

So #1's doctor read the wrong shit, looked at his previously broken collarbone after being told and having seen the X-Rays from 2 months ago, still diagnosed it as a broken collarbone. The Orthopedic surgeon looked at it 2 days later and noticed a crack line on his shoulder blade... nothing wrong with the collarbone, still healing from the last dickhead crash. Doesn't know if the shoulder blade 'unseparated" fracture was missed from 2 months ago or a new injury... remove the sling and see how it goes, if in pain, come back in 7 days, if not, see-ya later.

FFS... I'm over their bullshit stupid injuries... 16 riding days in Derby/St Helens and 2 in Maydena in 6 weeks time... if you are fit, you're fit... if not, suck it up suicidal princesses !

Dad's been saving his good shit for Tassie.

View attachment 357432
Bloody numptys. We never did that sort of shit when we were kids.........

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Dropped the bike to the powder coasters. Had X-rays taken and then sat in the garage looking at all the bike bits. Getting ready for 3 weeks of holiday riding at Bright soon while waiting for the powers that be to authorise riding while praying the broken wrist heals in time...

Attachments

LPG

likes thicc birds
Leeche free, which is good.

Tour wise, we are are loving and likely to stay here at Bulli. Sue is a swimmer, so is soaking up the ocean pools. I can see another go tomorrow at Helensborough in our future, but time will tell.

Have to be home for our youngest’s graduation on Friday, so I’m thinking that maybe Cootamundra mtb on the way is an option.
Helensburgh is good with lots of mixed terrain. I ride there when the trails around Wollongong arewet as they drain well with all the sand. There are quite a few trails in the escarpment from Bulli and further south. Some are pretty serious gravity descents, some more forgiving. If your around still I usually ride before work Fridays near mt Kiera. Send me a message if you are interested in seeing some more trails.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey, lets keep all this stuff to the "Injuries - what's your story?" thread so those of us that choose to ignore it can continue living in blissful ignorance until it's our turn to contribute!

(PS: Get well soon all.)

Agree and the same with the snake talk please...

BT180

Max Pfaff
Awesome 5'er ride again last night with the Garigal Gorillas club. Massive Commencal presence, with the distro now being local. Two weeks ago Max was in town and he was so impressed with the setup he sent over Hugo Frixtalon and Antoine Vidal for last nights ride. They're now off to Ignition and then Cannonball.

slowmick

38-39"
Turned my enduro into a balance bike before work. Seems the inner bearing on the free hub disintegrated and spread balls and cage throughout the hub. The free hub started to catch and then locked up. That snapped the chain. Got to emulate my daughter on her balance bike on the way home then walk up the hills for the last 8 km.

Now looking for new axle, free wheel and bearings. she is well farked. I got two good days of riding since I replaced the broken dropper post.
New tyres arrived for it on Monday - the wrong ones in the box.
At least i now have time to order new brake pads for the rear.

I have two bikes i ride regularly and now both are out of action - again. It is just never ending at the moment. It's making me tired.