What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Litenbror

Eats Squid
When we road to Melbourne several weeks ago the TVT had just opened so we went from Jindy round the lake to the hatchery then up the TVT to Thredbo. The TVT was a truckload of fun to ride up (even with a bike full of gear) so it will be awesome going down. They've done an amazing job. I'm looking forward to getting back there on the Trance and riding down it.

Would be good to make a day of it and ride up it in the morning from Jindy, lunch in Thredbo and then down in the arvo.

Count me in for that ride :D

slowmick

38-39"
Got lost on my pre-work ride and found myself on some trails that I "discovered" when I got back into bike riding in 1998. Lots of nostalgia ensued until I got to the bottom of the park to find that the trails I had ridden since the 70s have now been bulldozed, covered with debris and made a re-vegetation area. A mate wants me to take his son riding and I thought it would be cool to ride with him where i rode with his dad at his age. Not to be.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
threw some flats on the duallie last night, my hip flexor is weak AF, i had my giro rumble..bit firm...but had zero grip on the saint pedals, rode quarry pk in melb inner west, i then realised the saint pedals had little washers spacers on the bolts, removed all the outer ones, still not enough grip..
there is a tiny pebble rock garden, my feet kept bouncing off—

how the hell do you guys do it..r u deliberately transferring all weight actively standing in rock gardens to pedals, attempted 1 tiny jump, got 0.5cm in the air, feet stayed on ok for that, but still felt like i could have gone floating, do peeps buy longer pins, have some softer sole shoes on the eay

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
threw some flats on the duallie last night, my hip flexor is weak AF, i had my giro rumble..bit firm...but had zero grip on the saint pedals, rode quarry pk in melb inner west, i then realised the saint pedals had little washers spacers on the bolts, removed all the outer ones, still not enough grip..

how the hell do you guys do it..r u deliberately transferring all weight actively standing in rock gardens to pedals, attempted 1 tiny jump, got 0.5cm in the air, feet stayed on ok for that, but still felt like i could have gone floating, do peeps buy longer pins, have some softer sole shoes on the eay
I find it helps to be slightly unfit and overweight.
It puts more force on the pedals.

moorey

call me Mia
Saints aren’t a great pedal IMHO...particularly the older models. Pins never long enough, even with washers removed. Though Felix runs a set he won, and has zero issues. Always rides Five10’s.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar

I'm running Afton shoes and chromag pedals with fairly aggressive pins.
Honestly feels like SPD's - foot rarely moves unless I consciously shift it.

Jpez

Down on the left!

Heels down and compress compress compress.
youre probably doing the unconscious clipless thing of pulling up with your feet at jumps and bunny hops.
should be driving that bike into the ground at the takeoff and mostly letting the suspension jump for you.
rock gardens it’s just practice practice. practice.

I tried clipless for a while then went back to flats. I realised I’d started to collect those bad clipless techniques.

Saints are overrated and I hated them.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
@Daniel Hale I've got the Giro Rumbles, but use them only for clips on gravel bike! The rubber sole is way too hard stiff for flats, and although I liked my Saints before, that combo is not going to work well

You need softer/grippier rubber shoes. And getting your heels down to scoop the pedals more to keep planted etc.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I put flats on last weekend. I got annoyed, they smashed into things a few times, once almost stopped me. You get so used to SPD clearance. Seat also felt a few mm taller, Vans and Saints give a really low foot position. Apparently you can get sore feet because the Vans are too floppy but I don't ride for long enough in one go for that to happen :)