What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
finally got some time to work on bikes,
went to screw the pedals on some 2nd hand SCAM Descendant carbon cranks that I picked up for $25 sight unseen, and the left hand side fell out!
thread completely stripped out- oh cock!
now on the hunt for a set of GXP cranks to use with the BB and chainring that I also purchased to run with the fingered crank... :mad::(

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The pedal fell out, or the insert fell out? If it’s the former, don’t bin them, I’d like to practice a thread insert on them, if it works, I’ll send them back once repaired

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
The pedal fell out, or the insert fell out? If it’s the former, don’t bin them, I’d like to practice a thread insert on them, if it works, I’ll send me back once repaired
the thread for the pedal was stripped out, probably purchased off Shredden under an alias!
was thinking of trying that, but as my name suggest..I Ain't gonna be doing any jumping on it once its fixed like that.
they are all yours if you want them!

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Getting a bit jaded with the local trails so for the first ride of the year I drove an hour and half south to Margaret River and sampled a couple of the trails in 'Compartment 10' and they were a lotta fun. Have to get out to different spots more often, keep the buzz going more
Hoping to get a first ride in down there next week. Staying near Gracetown, tell me that’s where the good shit is

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
The first ride of 2020 was slack as... my wife dropped me off at Sea Winds, Arthur’s Seat... and I bombed down Purves and Baldrys... got picked up at the bottom and went and had beer at the Pig and Whistle... 8 km all up.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First ride of the year was a poot on the yarra trails, went straight down the fallen tree dipper near bonds road and there was a fkn tiger snake sitting in the bottom.. For those who know there ain’t many escape options once you drop in.. Managed to stop with the front wheel on the bottom near the snake and did a track stand with the back half of the bike still up the slope.. The snake shat itself and darted into the base of the dead tree..
Lesson learned, metallic shimano pads shit all over resin..

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
I would've been in the next post code before my arse unclenched. I fucking hate reptiles. As a sparky customers think they're funny when they joke about snakes in their roof. It's not funny. Instant red alert. Kick a cable and it moves ten metres down, I nearly go through the ceiling.