What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Pretty please get your bro to put his dropper down for jumps. Heart in mouth just watching that!

Dangals

Likes Dirt
Another one at Super Enduro (first race in 20yrs!) and had an awesome weekend. Made some good progression on my riding and hit some things that surprised me a little. My biggest take away is I need to replace my 2 pot XT brakes with some beefy 4 pots as by the end of each run the brakes were fading badly and this put lots of pressure on my hands as I found myself braking earlier and in some of the rougher spots to check up in time.

Probably played it a little safe on Sunday and finished mid pack but as I had traveled down by myself I really didn't want to push it too hard as like BT said there was plenty of carnage and I just could not afford to be another one. Lots of fun but hot damn cannonball is a good challenge on an enduro bike....nuts some of the times being posted.

Last edited:

BT180

Max Pfaff
Another one at Super Enduro (first race in 20yrs!) and had an awesome weekend. Made some good progression on my riding and hit some things that surprised me a little. My biggest take away is I need to replace my 2 pot XT brakes with some beefy 4 pots as by the end of each run the brakes were fading badly and this put lots of pressure on my hands as I found myself braking earlier and in some of the rougher spots to check up in time.

Probably played it a little safe on Sunday and finished mid pack but as I had traveled down by myself I really didn't want to push it too hard as like BT said there was plenty of carnage and I just could not afford to be another one. Lots of fun but hot damn cannonball is a good challenge on an enduro bike....nuts some of the times being posted.
It's a punish on the hands isn't it! I drove down by myself also, which definitely plays in the back of your mind with regards to taking it easy. Cannonball downhill is such a fun track, but you need to know every rock up top in order to be able to go faster and make it a smoother ride. Picking your way down and hitting every rock is not the most efficient way down the hill!

Dangals

Likes Dirt
It's a punish on the hands isn't it! I drove down by myself also, which definitely plays in the back of your mind with regards to taking it easy. Cannonball downhill is such a fun track, but you need to know every rock up top in order to be able to go faster and make it a smoother ride. Picking your way down and hitting every rock is not the most efficient way down the hill!
Yeah my hands are still a little sore as it has been years since they have taken that kind of battering :D

I hear you on cannonball - I watched a few come through and most seem to be simply gapping everything possible and no doubt this saves the hands/arms getting to worn out as well. I did think about this but my lack in confidence in my brakes stopped me from pushing it further. Next year hopefully I will not be there on my own and therefore will be able to take a few more (calculated) risks.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well done!

I walked the stupid steep climbs on the slimy shit in the first loop, but I definitely wasn't alone there, and a more aggressive rear tire might have helped. But the rest was just like being back in Adelaide, I wasn't the fastest going up, but I had a target heart rate and stuck to that, ate plenty and was able to catch and pass a few guys on the last couple of climbs around the dam and through Follow the Dog.

Sitting at the back of the bunch along Forrest Rd was pretty cool. Closest I'll ever get to a Pro Peleton
Well done on the Otway finish! Has been on my list for a few years now but it's never lined up schedule wise.

First race for me will be next weekend in Wombat for the Shifty Fifty. All I can say is that training over the last 3 months has been abyssal so it's going to hurt