What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
your brake is on the wrong side...
Yeah, I could never do that either. I couldn't risk getting on a motorbike and going for the wrong brake/clutch whatever. BTW, much respect from me for the very cool dudes who DJ, fantastic... and maybe right lever rear brake is de rigueur for that discipline, but for me, the right lever is the one that actually has to work, like actually pulls you up, no matter what. Which means it has to be attached to the front tyre. For me.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yeah, I could never do that either. I couldn't risk getting on a motorbike and going for the wrong brake/clutch whatever. BTW, much respect from me for the very cool dudes who DJ, fantastic... and maybe right lever rear brake is de rigueur for that discipline, but for me, the right lever is the one that actually has to work, like actually pulls you up, no matter what. Which means it has to be attached to the front tyre. For me.
Every bike I own that has both brakes has the rear brake on the left. No front brake on the bmx or dj bike, the stays are that short rear brake pulls you up just fine. I’m right handed, so the finer control to stop slick tyres from skidding on dirt is nice. That’s what it really came down to for me.

Ultra Lord

Table tops were good for on+off dirt, almost perfect. Just a little loose when it gets dusty or pebbles.
They are a good tyre, abit crappy in skate parks though. These look pretty sweet, I’ll be giving them a go when my KHE’s wear out

Schwalbe billy bonkers apparently

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Every bike I own that has both brakes has the rear brake on the left. No front brake on the bmx or dj bike, the stays are that short rear brake pulls you up just fine. I’m right handed, so the finer control to stop slick tyres from skidding on dirt is nice. That’s what it really came down to for me.
Same thing here. All the braking happens on the right lever either way - front on a bike where it works and rear when it’s the only brake. My left hand is so uncoordinated it’s basically only good for skids.

Those Schwalbes look nice.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Billy looks very tight. A little like some of he old dmr treads. I'm running DTH t the moment and like them, just no good on trails. Life is an eternal quest for a tyre I don't mind riding around town or rail on. The table top is the best found this far.

I'll have the Scout back in a few days hopefully and this will be much less of a cocern. Until then, the occasional swap for a full on trail tyre will suffice.

I am not Coordinated enough to have brakes in alternate ands across bikes. That's madness!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Had a win today - managed to get some Maxxis Torch 29x2.1" (non-tubeless) tyres setup tubeless on one of my hardtails. It's about my third attempt at getting this setup to air up on the Hope Tech XC rims but I finally got it. The deep centre rim bed was causing issue with the loose and very flexible bead of the non-tubeless spec'd tyres. Turns out a couple extra layers of tape made all the difference, but still had to bust out the #mooreystrap action to get the bead to engage while hitting it with the compressor. Took it for a bit spin locally, but I think expended more energy mounting the tyres if I'm honest!

So far so good with the tyres too, have held air pressure all day and no signs of sealant weep either.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Runs across the grade with "minimal" climbing avoiding the trig, then the fun dh stuff from the crest
Perfect. Funny how I had quite a lot of interesting riding close to home, just didn't have the time to explore mellower local trails.

Silver lining to the whole lockdown I guess.

Ultra Lord

Thought I’d bed in my new fancy pads (WITH FINS!!!) at the local trail.

turns out you don’t actually use brakes on this trail, resulting in zero bedding ins. Still, they look nice. And knowing they aren’t avid is doing wonders for my mental game.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
got out on the gravel bike again while the kid does a 4hr maccas shift, bagged 4 kom’s on gravel segments...it’s becoming a bit of a sickness, at present i’m just hunting down roadies who have gravel kom’s, unknowingly did snag 1 from a mtb’er mate, took 2 secs off him on a 3.8km segment doing nearly 40km.hr...its downhill obviously
my wife says i need to stop b4 i piss 2 many riders off

Ultra Lord

That's the kind of "dirt jumps" I ride, lol.
Council legal are the best dj’s. Digging for ages just to have em torn down sucks.

they get biggerer! Come up to Sydney once this is over for a beebs bikes reunion! You’ll get to have a crack yourself.

Last edited: