What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

teK--

Eats Squid
6 goes last night trying to re bead this wire bead non tubeless rig after internal sidewall repair. Came back this morning more determined, more soap and water, and more logo alignment, got it first go.

View attachment 367371
Did you try removin the valve core? Ive seen some pretty shithouse pumps or stubborn tyres seated successfully when doing that

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Did you try removin the valve core? Ive seen some pretty shithouse pumps or stubborn tyres seated successfully when doing that
Nah I have an Airshot (borrowed, gonna get my own one when it goes back) but I didn't put sealant in the first go today because was sick of losing sealant and it went up, then removed the valve core, added sealant and hit it again and it went up again. But I'll try that in future if need be.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Went hunting for lost travel.

The pressure equalisation dimple was full of gunk.

Did a bit of research and now that I fully understand how it works, I probably over greased it when I installed the Debonair spring. Genuinely surprised at how air tight the lower legs are.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Nah I have an Airshot (borrowed, gonna get my own one when it goes back) but I didn't put sealant in the first go today because was sick of losing sealant and it went up, then removed the valve core, added sealant and hit it again and it went up again. But I'll try that in future if need be.
You just need your neighbour's car tyre and a floor pump hose to seat tyre beads...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
What does the shim rectify? Alignment issue?
Had to have a good search for the thread, couldn't remember the magic buzzwords.

Basically the gist of it is, on Srams 12spd range, the difference from SX-NX-GX-X0-XX is tighter tolerances and lighter materials, if the tolerances were the same you would be hard pushed to notice the shifting difference from top to bottom. The slop in the lower range is shithouse, it can be fixed with an X0 top bolt and b-bolt kit... or in this case, a shim washer I already had.

We have NX, GX and X0, the slop in the NX is crap, about a 10mm wobble at the bottom jockey :rolleyes: