What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Seems I’ve porked up a bit during COVID and discovered I was running 40%sag in my first couple of outings since lockdown so a new spring was in order. Seems black springs aren’t cool anymore so had to buy red.
Also chucked on a new Absolute black oval chainring. Bought it on a whim a couple of years ago and it sat in the parts box. But finding 2 busted teeth on my round CR it’s now on.
We’ll see how it goes up at Falls and Bright on the weekend.
m

Attachments

slowmick

38-39"
Today I officially joined @Zaf in the belt bros club (that's my dodgy name for it anyway... :p)

Had the shakedown ride on the Zerode Katipo. Can't wait to give this a hit out at Falls on the weekend!
That is stunning sir. looking forward to more pictures and a ride report.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A one hour ride around Smithfield (including ride there and back).

Climbed to the water tower without feeling like I was having a heart attack.. Success!

Also feeling more confident on drops and berms.

I feel a brake upgrade on the cards..
Nice graffiti back drop.

Let me know when you want to move those brakes on.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Seems I’ve porked up a bit during COVID and discovered I was running 40%sag in my first couple of outings since lockdown so a new spring was in order. Seems black springs aren’t cool anymore so had to buy red.
Also chucked on a new Absolute black oval chainring. Bought it on a whim a couple of years ago and it sat in the parts box. But finding 2 busted teeth on my round CR it’s now on.
We’ll see how it goes up at Falls and Bright on the weekend.
mView attachment 369470
I would have thought you'd go a Ti spring for the bling factor. Generic Red looks like it belongs on a Trek.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Another sights of Sydney ride:

http://instagr.am/p/CHwuXIVnnGt/
Residential construction in Sydney is fucking berk - well, many of the homes in the eastern suburbs are more commercial in construction!

Looks like the Holman House needs some attention - bags not be the scaffolders:

Stupid staircase is stupid:

Not even paying something like $20m for a house guarantees your garage door is safe:

Kutti Beach - fat people not permitted (by design):

Rode the tram lines - didn't tram line!

Saw my first George St tram. Yay.

#needsmorecrane

Last edited:

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Put new brakes on this, finger got jammed in the rotor while adjusting but wasn't spinning fast enough to do damage, got off much luckier than @Dozer. It will go off to my mate who bought it this weekend, to putt around fire trails with his kids. Might be after a super heavy duty spring, mate is around 140kg, at least I know he can't break this overbuilt beast.

20201119_174046_copy_1258x895.jpg

Put an Azonic Shorty I found recently on this, but it was too shorty, still had a fun blat around lower Stromlo after work. Looks like I've located the next size up in the Shorty but it's NOS so will be paying too much, but it will balance the bike a lot better and they just look so boss. Once the deal is done will have this rare 50mm black shorty for sale, attn @safreek ;)

20201119_223936_copy_1016x560.jpg

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
After work, rode from home, via Birdsland and Dargon Tk across to Lysty. First ride there since March. Lots of riders in groups. Was going to ride on to a friends place and have a swim (my wife was there already) but a young guy asked if I had a patch kit. So he started on it, but it wasn’t going well, so I did it while he watched. The tube was toast, so I used one of mine... and 26” will do 29”... tick. A heap of spokes were ultra loose, so I tightened them up, by hand. He was happy, I saved him a 5km walk. I’d told Sue what was happening, so she came and picked me up... with beer.

slowmick

38-39"
Have you done the deal on the shorty @Scotty T? I have a black KORE stem at home that you can have for postage. would be longer than the one in the picture. I got it out to take a photo earlier in the week but my wife has tidied it up somewhere during the week.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Have you done the deal on the shorty @Scotty T? I have a black KORE stem at home that you can have for postage. would be longer than the one in the picture. I got it out to take a photo earlier in the week but my wife has tidied it up somewhere during the week.
I've agreed on the deal but not paid yet. If it's 75mm that would work but if it's longer no go, I have an 85mm from the 2000's but was after something from the 90's.