What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
With the explosion of these style of endurance events and e-bike revolution, will the events become even longer, steeper, harder to keep ahead of the E-bike crowds additional energy?
Totally agreed. Waiting for an eTrials bike series with log jumping and creek crossings and steep widowmaker hills.
It has to be done, think of the punters that will have some worthy carnage to watch when it all comes unstuck.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Already doing it Europe - ( well up until the covid-y thingo )
They usually run up the downhill courses - there is a bit on U-tube - and it is certainly challenging any looks like fun !

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yes , carnage happens , where as a pedal bike is doing 'Emu- Bobbing ' to pick a line , the E-mtbs are approaching at a much higher rate - add in heavier duty gear and stuff / bones get broke .

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
With the explosion of these style of endurance events and e-bike revolution, will the events become even longer, steeper, harder to keep ahead of the E-bike crowds additional energy?
Here, they make the e-bikers do the whole course twice on shorter rounds or on longer ones, they have to run 2-3 biggest climb stages twice.

ozzybmx

This just seems counterintuitive. Assisted competitive sports? Surely there are many variables in the electronics that could give one person an advantage over another?
Probably like anything else, all human fitness and ability being equal, its how fast can you afford to go.

I have had nothing to do with the ebike side of racing but I wonder do they check them for chips/mods.

The gravity enduro events additional stages are just about making the ebikers climb further than the normal riders.

ozzybmx

#1 son was complaining of a noisy headset, to cut a long story short, I worked out it was the top bottle cage nut-sert rattling around.

Dropped it in to Bicycle Express where I bought it from for fixing and possibly a warranty assessment.

Got a phone call to come grab the bike and he said they have ordered a new warranty frame, will be here sometime in the new year.

Kudos to Trek and BE.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
#1 son was complaining of a noisy headset, to cut a long story short, I worked out it was the top bottle cage nut-sert rattling around.

Dropped it in to Bicycle Express where I bought it from for fixing and possibly a warranty assessment.

Got a phone call to come grab the bike and he said they have ordered a new warranty frame, will be here sometime in the new year.

Kudos to Trek and BE.

View attachment 369927
They are legends. There was no second thoughts about my replacing my Procaliber when I cracked the seat tube.

Who do you deal with? Ben T is my go to, but Uncle Fester is my riding buddy from way back

ozzybmx

Who do you deal with? Ben T is my go to, but Uncle Fester is my riding buddy from way back
Andy was the warranty guy but I reckon it was Ben that I dealt when I picked it up.

I was expecting an oversized riv-nut plugging the hole and I told them the truth, that numb-nutts has been hooting down DH trails with the cage rattling around. Maybe it became loose after the damage had been done, anyway I'm sure they have seen it before or they wouldn't have warranted it.

Excellent service.

Last edited: