What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Quick loop of lower Stromlo to farewell daylight saving, with a n00b and an old mate we haven't ridden with much in recent times, and my regular ride buddy Dave. We all know each other through skateboarding so it was cool to ride bikes together.

Gareth our n00b was on pretty much his first real MTB ride on a borrowed low end Anthem maybe 7-10 years old. He's done a lot of commuting and riding bikes in general and is quite fit so he did great and enjoyed it.

I'm loving my new front 2.6 Dissector, got a PR on a flowy segment (Breakout fast and flowing) today and felt like it was just smooth, not pushing the limits or sketchy. I set my previous record in June last year and once got within a second since, have done the segment 122 times.

I knew the High Roller 2's were less than amazing on the terrain I mostly ride but now I really know. No wonder @Litenbror and @Haakon offloaded them, but then I think the 2300km before I got the Dissector cost me about $70 in tyres thanks to them. Plus the bonus of having a much more sketchy front than I may have had because I'm a bit of a tight arse, those skills are invaluable, especially when you get a better tyre.

Anyway when my last HR2 is done I reckon 2.4 Dissector rear and 2.6 front.

Here's the crew below, at this point we bumped into some Sydney peeps, dad and two sons who were a bit lost so we guided them back to the carpark. The older boy was mid teens I'd guess and on a Pivot Switchblade and can't recall the other bikes except they were no joke, but clearly into it and stayed with us at a decent pace all the way back. A good arvo.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Got out for 50km on my roadie. Nothing quick (25km/h average), but haven’t been out in 6 weeks. Seems like riding my mtb os helping me with the hills, which I’m happy with. I’m not quick, but recovered quicker after.
Also paid for my Banshee frame. About 4 weeks and it should be here