What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cooked, legs are cooked!
300km week last week, spin bike recovery ride Monday and 90km the last 2 days including tonight's XC ride in the dark!
And busted a spoke in the rear wheel.

But its pissing me off I'm still not in the lead of my work fitness challenge lol. Something shady going on haha.

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Jeez @Labcanary - that sucks. Hope they find it for you even if it is "a little" late. :(

Mine's a new frame, so hopefully they don't try to send it back to China... :rolleyes:
Thanks mate, I hope your frame turns up soon!

And on topic - I put a new chain on Mr Canary's bike then jumped online to buy some suspension oil for when I help a friend service his forks. Once he's allowed to exit metro.

cammas

Seamstress
Monday night I fitted a rekon to the rear of the bike and have been having some issues with my Manitou Magnum fork around rebound being extremely rapid with little noticeable adjustment. So after googling the set up of the fork I noticed Manitou state to have the fork inverted when doing the air pressure :oops:. So I flipped it upside down let out all the air then cycled the fork to move the oil through the system, I could hear squelching (a first for me) then added the air and bugger me it now works how it should.
Headed out to the Lerderderg for some hill repeats and try to beat my previous decent time on the big hill, well it was sketchy as the rebound is actually working now, so it needed a couple more clicks. I did two repeats the first one down was a little scary after some adjustments the second one was better but according to strava it was slower. The first climb back up was good but not quicker than last time, the second one was harder, to put it into perspective it took 3:15 to get down and 25:45 to get back up. After a crap couple of days at work it was good to get out and turn some pedals.

slowmick

38-39"
My daughter asked to her mum to take the training wheels off her bike today. By the third try she was looping around the court without stopping. Then she came and got Santa Claus to cut laps for mum to video.

Seems I'm already too slow for her. Very proud dad moment.

ausdb

Being who he is
Brisvegas to Addie, I'm shocked myself, but it's possible.

View attachment 381894
Similar story, after not even having to go 10% Karen on Pushys on Monday for only dispatching a quarter of the seal kit I purchased they said they would express post the missing bits out. I got an Australia post tracking note that night that I've been following which said delivery was expected this Thursday. I was surprised to get a text from AP this morning saying it was going to be delivered today. That was Brisbane to Perth suburbs.

Attachments

ausdb

Being who he is
My daughter will be 5 in December. She had shown not interest in riding a bike with pedals this year - she had me convert her new 16" bike to a balance bike as the pedals were in the way. Seems something clicked and she wanted to pedal. Now I need to put the cranks back on and figure out how to join the chain I broke on her new bike...
Haha funnily enough that's what I was doing with my miss 5. We've gone to pedals back on but now she won't ride unless the trainer wheels are on as well.
I've probably got an old 8 speed quick link if you want it.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Haha funnily enough that's what I was doing with my miss 5. We've gone to pedals back on but now she won't ride unless the trainer wheels are on as well.
My littlest dude has used pedals since getting off the balance bike about 8 months ago, but still regularly drags his feet/shoes to slow down. Old shoes only for rides.