What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Well Summer Series racing was back in Bendigo last night (I missed the other week). Turns out; 1) I'm still slow (didn't come last but I was that end) 2) I still get exercise induced asthma 3) I actually missed 'racing' - whilst I was pretty much by myself something about being in a race pushes you to go harder.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
V1 upgrade to V2 chesty. The padding in the middle of the new V2 should steady the camera up a bit better than the slidey plastic on the V1.

The V1 is still 100% and has served well for about 10yrs, will retire it to the MTB spares drawer in the back of my car as a hot spare.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Tried out the new helmet today. Troy Lee Stage.

Better ventilation than the Bell Super DH (with the face guard on), lighter and supposedly the same level of protection.

The only thing that was a little annoying about it, and hopefully it's something that I just get used to, was the chin strap going across my ears. Apart from that, excellent.

cammas

Seamstress
So it wasn’t today it was yesterday as there may or may not have been some comments :rolleyes:. I redid my cockpit extension with some new cable ties, rerouting the wiring, repositioned the extender brackets as well to centralise the light and then moved the switch for cache battery charger.
@moorey avert your eyes as this cockpit has little bit going on, next will be get some cable connectors as Moorey has suggested to get rid of some of the cable ties and some way to tidy up the straps on the bar bag, thinking silicone watch band replacement loops.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
You must be the only person worldwide (slight exaggeration perhaps) who has tried but still doesn't like AXS. What's not to like apart from the price?
I haven't played with Eagle AXS, but have met the road stuff a fair bit, and frankly I'm underwhelmed. The shift button feel is basically non-existent (to be fair, early road Di2 was just as bad but the MTB stuff has a good, definite feel), and although significantly faster-shifting than 11-sp. eTap (which is about as fast as a hungover slug), it is no faster than a well-tuned mechanical setup.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Tried out the new helmet today. Troy Lee Stage.

Better ventilation than the Bell Super DH (with the face guard on), lighter and supposedly the same level of protection.

The only thing that was a little annoying about it, and hopefully it's something that I just get used to, was the chin strap going across my ears. Apart from that, excellent.

View attachment 383011
I just checked my Stage helmet and the straps are behind the pads so nicely tucked away. That would feel way more comfortable for you.