What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Removed some excess pieces

11sp end cap on left, 12sp on right.

20221211_112603-01.png

The 12sp conversion kit I bought from Lordgun back in February arrived with the wrong end cap. I made it work with the inner race of a bearing and three shims, but once any little bit of crap made its way in it creaked like a ship from the First Fleet. I recently found out CarbonTi have a distributor in Melbourne and hopefully now I just have to deal with a BB tick.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Fitted & tuned gear cables, adjusted brake hoses and took Project Phoenix for its first tentative steps out in the wild! :D :D :D Nothing too intense due to the bodgy cockpit with 590mm bar & grips hung way over the ends to set it up as 710mm, but enough to get a feel for it. Still a bit to do to get it to final component spec, but the fundamental setup is pretty much where it will be.

Me is a happy little vegemite today!

IMG_20221211_162429~2.jpg

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Sat daughter insisted we go for a ride, who am I to say no? Weather was great and stopped for a cake and spider post ride.

Sunday took the boys for a ride and their mate came along, just as we hit the first bit of single track his chain comes off and jams HARD between spokes and cassette. Finally got it free after 15 mins of swearing and furious chain yanking (no kink shaming). Later in the ride #1 son get a flat that sealant wouldn't fix so as we fix that #2 son and the blow in session some jumps. The blow in proceeds to front wheel case a jump and eat it pretty hard. I plot a more direct route to get us home and take it easy as old mate if feeling the ill effects of his stack. Get home service his bike, Derailleur bent, limit screws way off, chain basically dry. Bend his brake lever back to a working semblance and replace his grips (Bit torn up) with some nicer ones from the parts bin.

Whilst the first ride was clearly less drama I wouldn't give up either of them, good to be able to be out rising again.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got out for three rides last week. All on the hard tail while I sort out the other bike(s). Tuesday, Went for a ride up through the Glenorchy MBT, up the North South track to the junction with the Kangaroo fire trail and back down.
20221208_092515 (FILEminimizer).jpg

On Thursday, out with a friend who is not too adventurous up over Knocklofty and around to Fish Fingers and down Jurasic Shark to Lenah Valley.
20221206_123114 (FILEminimizer).jpg

Saturday, Yvonne and I stopped on our way up to Lake Meadowbank at the Mt Loyd turnoff. We rode up the Plenty Valley to Moogara. Those traveling to Maydena from Hobart would have passed the turnoff on the way. Bit of a grind up to the top but a hoot on the return.
20221210_103332 (FILEminimizer).jpg

The mind boggles at how in place with virtually no people this sign can be so wrecked.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yep have one. Gets used a lot from kids repair
Good job !

The biggest issue I had was when they hit the teens... too cool to talk about stuff that happened when they were out with their mates, then not telling me they had a crash and their gears were out of whack... next ride a derailleur gets wrapped around the back wheel.

I remember once I had derailleur for one of them coming and a spare to go into my stock, the spare was needed before it even arrived.

Then I just gave up and started billing them for the rear mechs. If you don't tell me you have an issue/crash, then pay for the bullshit yourself.

Now they are both driving, working, girlfriends, parties, clothes, beach and pumping the guns up at the gym. I am the only rider in the house after 17yrs.

My maintenance bill and time spent fixing bikes has went from 100% to 5%. There was very rarely a time that I didn't have a package coming from somewhere with bike shit in it. Now I'm keeping a list so I can put an order together.

Been a month since I had a German order and itching to buy... something :p

Now I'm stocked to the hilt with spares, tools and nice clean bikes in fukn pristine condition. I even inherited my CX and XC race bike back.

Next stop, grandkids.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Not my bike...

In September a friend had her bike stolen from her front porch. Yesterday I saw a post in a local group dating back to September asking if anybody had lost a bike that vaguely sounded like hers.
I sent the person a message and... It's my friend's bike! She's absolutely rapt, and in disbelief. She assumed it would never turn up.

The person who found it said it was dumped in a weird spot, so she took it to her son's house nearby and he's kept it safe in the garage since.