What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

nathanm

Eats Squid
A friend of jaynes asked for help buying a bike for their teenage son for Xmas with a budget of $200. So when a friend asks you for help you help them.
Had a line on a near new fluid but it was purple/blue until a brand new Trek Montari turned up for $300 which I negotiated to $250, of course telling the friend we got it for $200 as $50 should buy good karma for a while
Drove out to pick up the bike and played a fun game of charades with a migrant family who spoke very little English.
Despite living in Glenorchy they invited me straight into their home whilst I tried to communicate what I was there for and asking if I could do bank transfer.
After a second quick drive to an atm I returned to pay for the bike which came as a bonus with a helmet.
I did feel a little bad for negotiating down but its going to make a young man happy in a few weeks who would otherwise have ended up with a big w bike.
The Karma has already started to roll in and hopefully keeps coming.
Screenshot_20221209-110313_Facebook.jpg

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I think many of us have new shoes. In a week or so there will be a lot of shoe photos. Get your foot fetish full!
Well nearly 3 weeks to get from ACT to SA due to... fuck knows.

2yr old CrankBrothers Mallet lace & brand new CrankBrothers Mallet lace.

The best wearing, most comfortable and lightest trail style shoe I've ever had.

Still plenty of life in the old ones, just took advantage of the cyber sale and picked up the new ones for $100.

20221213_182729.jpg

Last edited:

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Well nearly 3 weeks to get from ACT to SA due to... fuck knows.

2yr old CrankBrothers Mallet lace & brand new CrankBrothers Mallet lace.

The best wearing, most comfortable and lightest trail style shoe I've ever had.

Still plenty of life in the old ones, just took advantage of the cyber sale and picked up the new ones for $100.

View attachment 395279
Agree these are great shoes - though I have the Mallet E lace.

What cleats are you running on the older ones?

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Tuesday nights must be the nights to rain on me whilst I uncompetitively race around a MTB course. For once the 4 bikes I have to clean could wait until today as the drivetrains were fairly OK. Rest of the bikes covered in mud (And I might get the kids on it too boot). Thank Christ they put on beer and as it was Christmas breakup the rotary club did some snags and rissoles. I'd forgotten how far Bunnings snags had fallen after the masterclass the rotary club did with the snags/rissoles/onions and coleslaw!!!! One of my kids made himself crook from eating 6 snags, but I can't fault him on that really......

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Jump tracker----my new electronic toy (Specialized Levo ebike TCU function that monitors the bike and tells you show shit you are at jumps). Fire roads have become high speed jump tracks now. Launching off water bars trying to better my last jump length is a novelty that has actually helped my jump technique no end! Hopefully it all doesn't end in tears because this combined with Strava is just egging me on :D

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Jump tracker----my new electronic toy (Specialized Levo ebike TCU function that monitors the bike and tells you show shit you are at jumps). Fire roads have become high speed jump tracks now. Launching off water bars trying to better my last jump length is a novelty that has actually helped my jump technique no end! Hopefully it all doesn't end in tears because this combined with Strava is just egging me on :D

Nothing like sending it big on a water bar and front wheel landing on a fist sized rock to ruin your day.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Nothing like sending it big on a water bar and front wheel landing on a fist sized rock to ruin your day.
If I'm sending it big I'll have swept the landing area, possibly wrapped nearby tree's in foam and have ridden it slowly a dozen times prior to take off to rule this sort of thing out. Some of the guys I ride with hit massive jumps completely blind...amazes me how ballsy/stupid/talented they are and seem to keep getting away with it.