What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Out for an early pre-breakfast ride with Yvonne this morning. My usual Thursday riding partner has gone off to raft the Franklin River so I was chuffed when she said she wanted to come along: as long as she could choose the ride.
So in her never ending pursuit of the red zone, she suggested we ride up the North South track from Glenorchy. I told her the track is looking a bit tired as it doesn't get the love it once did (and it's a relentless grind). Didn't deter her.
Rode up to Junction Cabin and down the Old Farm Fire trail to the top of Golden Gully. Yvonne kept on the Main Fire Trail back to Lenah Valley while I went to Jurassic Shark and up the Slides before making my way to Lenah Valley via Pottery Road.
20230209_092025 (FILEminimizer).jpg

At the bridge on the North South track below Junction Cabin.
20230209_105233 (FILEminimizer).jpg

I was surprised at the total elevation, and how slow.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't

A bit of a brown underpants moment on the ride to work this morning...
That video highlights how fucked riding on the road is. Even disregarding the falling tailgate, having multiple heavy pieces of equipment piloted by barely capable monkeys passing one metre from you at speed in the morning when it’s wet FROM BEHIND is fucked. I love managing risk but this is Russian roulette.
I’d rather ride up that tiny bike lane against the traffic and keep my destiny in my own hands. Much easier to deal with a threat you can see.

Anyway, rant over lol glad you’re ok!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Out for an early pre-breakfast ride with Yvonne this morning. My usual Thursday riding partner has gone off to raft the Franklin River so I was chuffed when she said she wanted to come along: as long as she could choose the ride.
So in her never ending pursuit of the red zone, she suggested we ride up the North South track from Glenorchy. I told her the track is looking a bit tired as it doesn't get the love it once did (and it's a relentless grind). Didn't deter her.
Rode up to Junction Cabin and down the Old Farm Fire trail to the top of Golden Gully. Yvonne kept on the Main Fire Trail back to Lenah Valley while I went to Jurassic Shark and up the Slides before making my way to Lenah Valley via Pottery Road.
View attachment 396885
At the bridge on the North South track below Junction Cabin.
View attachment 396886
I was surprised at the total elevation, and how slow.
Before breakfast..? I need breakfast and staring at the wall with coffee for a bit before I'm even ready to accept its daytime!

Morning people are highly suspicious...

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
That video highlights how fucked riding on the road is. Even disregarding the falling tailgate, having multiple heavy pieces of equipment piloted by barely capable monkeys passing one metre from you at speed in the morning when it’s wet FROM BEHIND is fucked. I love managing risk but this is Russian roulette.
I’d rather ride up that tiny bike lane against the traffic and keep my destiny in my own hands. Much easier to deal with a threat you can see.

Anyway, rant over lol glad you’re ok!
Just reading the news article on the cyclist death in Victoria yesterday. Apparently a cyclist dies on our roads every 9 days.

I'm with you, fuck that game of Russian Roulette.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Just reading the news article on the cyclist death in Victoria yesterday. Apparently a cyclist dies on our roads every 9 days.

I'm with you, fuck that game of Russian Roulette.
Driving a car in Australia is even Russian Roulette, it's amazing how many dashcam videos of idiots there are, @rangersac you can submit videos to Dashcams Australia, this one is a doozie. Glad it was only a close call.

ausdb

Being who he is
A parcel arrived from flea Bay today, I've been searching for some cheap 2.3mm rotors for a while and saw these on the UK site. Probably not genuine and made from the finest Chinesium but at $64 including shipping for two it was worth a shot. They are fahhn solid compared to a standard rotor.
_20230210_004953-picsay.jpg

Also managed to drop past a composite supplies place whilst driving around for work and picked up some Araldite. Unfortunately they didn't have the right type of black Chux I need so I'll order that online.
Stay tuned for a post about some carbon fibre fuckery in the other thread.
_20230210_191314-picsay.jpg

Last edited:

ausdb

Being who he is
Don't happen to have a link for those rotors do you?
@wkkie this was the original listing

The same seller has a single 203 for sale but not showing as international shipping

This UK seller has 180's

Some Aussie ebay sellers have 180's for sale but a slightly different style

If you are looking for a 203, I was actually wanting to go 203F/180R so would happily swap one if you buy two 180's