What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Innocuous enough...
B055D659-E534-4ADC-B934-4834DAE0D909.jpeg

...WTF is this shit, some kind of mountain bike trail? And it's uphill! Blerg...
0BC451F0-D913-41C7-8F49-E5A53B214FF1.jpeg

...but got there in the end! (Even found a good way back downhill and a few forgotten lines to refurbish/sculpt in future.
00B3F6AF-F7CB-4BB7-A34B-1AC17DBDFD97.jpeg

But f*** me, this ain't no climbing bike that's for sure.o_O

beeb

beeb

Just buy the eeb, beeb !

That uphill push you talk of becomes techy flow.
My fitness sucks right now but can be improved, but more pressingly my technical climbing skills are poor (and that suckage is exaggerated by this thing having all the squish) - and that's what's wreaking havoc here. Eeb wouldn't help with that.

I cleaned a few pinches, but equally ballsed up just as many. I'll just keep trying and will gradually improve. This bike wasn't built for these type of trails, but seems to descend okay - which is what it is intended for.

I can see a short travel bike again in my future - and one would be great fun and a much better match for these trails - but that's a ways off for now. Will just keep plugging away on this in the meantime.

All that being said, if you'd offered to loan me an eeb halfway up the hill I probably would've kissed you. :p

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
My fitness sucks right now but can be improved, but more pressingly my technical climbing skills are poor (and that suckage is exaggerated by this thing having all the squish) - and that's what's wreaking havoc here. Eeb wouldn't help with that.

I cleaned a few pinches, but equally ballsed up just as many. I'll just keep trying and will gradually improve. This bike wasn't built for these type of trails, but seems to descend okay - which is what it is intended for.

I can see a short travel bike again in my future - and one would be great fun and a much better match for these trails - but that's a ways off for now. Will just keep plugging away on this in the meantime.

All that being said, if you'd offered to loan me an eeb halfway up the hill I probably would've kissed you. :p
Technical abilities come back with fitness I find…

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Well, I almost begged you to keep the 5010 :)
Time to make a bit more room in the garage, dust off that credit card and cue the Mexican girl 'Why not both' gif.

Great bike though, just the wrong direction to ride it in.

beeb

Technical abilities come back with fitness I find…
And also have the strength to push past it when a wheel gets hung up on a rock!
Yep - it also means you can push a harder gear, which gives more options for keeping cranks away from rocks. I mostly just need more practice on the randomness of natural rocks tbh, and this place is perfect for it.

Well, I almost begged you to keep the 5010 :)
Gawd no, that thing was horrible to climb on. (Bearing in mind my height/saddle height/bike's STA/stubby chainstays etc...)

Time to make a bit more room in the garage, dust off that credit card and cue the Mexican girl 'Why not both' gif.
I need a meme for "Why not thrice?" :p