What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Short spin out at Meehan, and got more familiar with the trail building style of the people that did Maydena and Queenstown apparently.

They seem to be big on tight turns stacked one after the other, and its not a super good approach I think. Thinking back to Stromlo where speeds are higher, and descents are a lot longer as they dont trade elevation so quickly and run along the front of the hill more.

I guess there is a segment out there that loves that style, but I think there is still a place for more flowing trails that are not as steep but a lot faster.

Still great trails out there though!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Gawd no, that thing was horrible to climb on. (Bearing in mind my height/saddle height/bike's STA/stubby chainstays etc...)
That surprises me. Mine climbs well enough for slackier kind of bike. Not as good as an unfashionable steeper HA'ed bike but hardly bad either.

Maybe an eBike is something in your future :)

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
That surprises me. Mine climbs well enough for slackier kind of bike. Not as good as an unfashionable steeper HA'ed bike but hardly bad either.

Maybe an eBike is something in your future :)
To clarify, it was not horrible in its performance, but I'm 6'2" and would guess I'm ratio'd with more legs than arms (T-rex?) - so I always felt like I was sat somewhere behind the rear axle and it wanted to loft the front all the time. It was an energetic little thing, but I'd get a sore back from trying to position/hold myself forward on steep climbs.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Went for a gravel ride with some climbing after my post op consult today.

Surgeon: Great news, your PSA is undetectable.

Me: You beauty :)

Surgeon: Its been 6 weeks since your op so I suppose other the good news is you can ride your bike again if you feel up to it.

Me:

fhgfhgdfhgd.jpg

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Surgeon: Its been 6 weeks since your op so I suppose other the good news is you can ride your bike again if you feel up to it.
Classic. Saw Yoann Barelli on Insta doing the same thing. Apparently if you ‘find flow’ on the double black downs it’s within surgeons advice of light riding.

edit: linko https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqVoOs3jQti/
Top comment says it all.

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
It's a bittersweet day for me. The eldest has decided he likes his MTB the best (yay!), but he no longer wants his race BMX (this is not the way) because he wants money (ok, this is kind of the way)

So I've been busy getting his old Intense Micro and Intense Expert bikes ready to sell. I debated hanging on to the micro for the youngest, but the youngest is definitely a MTB kid.
Might even sell his Intense Bone 18" freestyle bike that he never rides.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
There no reason you should get it easier than any on the rest of us just because it's mum & kids ;)
I'm kinda proud of him for making the decision. I'm hopeless and just hoard! He wants the money for other things, there's probably a good lesson in this somewhere...